Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

O' Holy Night

Monday means a post for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.
Check the Prickley Pear Blog for more inspiration!
 A little Copic Airbrushing or or sponging with ink makes for an easy and striking card. I've seen lots of nativity scene stamps, but typically they are larger sized. I don't think I've ever seen a smaller sized nativity image like this from PPRS.
 I stamped the image in Memento Teal Zeal ink on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White. I cut out the image with Spellbinder's Labels 27, the O Holy Night is cut out with Spellbinder's Fancy Framed Labels Two. I left the stamped images in the dies as I airbrushed a little BG53 around the edges. You could certainly sponge some ink around the edges to achieve the same effect.
Wanted to share a quick tip.... I glue my bows and embellishments on most often with Ultimate Glue, my absolute favorite glue. Some ribbons, especially sheer ribbons, don't like to grab on and stick immediately. So I use Reverse Tweezers as a clamp to keep it firmly in place as the glue sets.
You can see I added piercing around the edges of the nativity scene label. I added the piercing before I removed it from the die... using the edge f the die as a guide to keep my piercing straight. I added several more layers using Spellbinder's Decorative Labels Twenty-seven, love how all of the dies in this set are different designs and coordinate with the Labels Twenty-seven.
On the inside I added a few leftover strips of my cardstock. A few snowflake die cuts added on the inside too.

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works so well together. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tutorial! I love to airbrush...so fun! Very pretty Christmas card.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the airbrushing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think anything could top your last card of the country porch but this is really lovely.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love! Your card is so elegant! I am stealing the die-cut idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love everything about this card....the color scheme, the images...so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete