Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's a Party with IO today!

It's a party! That is the theme for the Impression Obsession Design Team today! Of course you can play along with us and have a chance to grab a $25 Gift Certificate to shop at IO! Check out all the challenge rules and how to play along on the IO Blog
Check out what the ladies are showing off:
So I went Halloween in theme... because I can't seem to stop using the Echo Park Chillingsworth Manor paper. I'm down to scraps so if your totally over it, then the end is near! This is a great stamp "Trick or Treat Birdhouse" that has been around a good while from Impression Obsession and some how I never added it to my cat collection of images until just recently! So I stepped out the card in the below pictures. 
 I used Spellbinder's Fluer de Lis Rectangles to cut out the image. I added my background shading first. You can see I'm not always neat and my color goes in to my image in areas, no biggie, darker color is going to cover it up. When I do color in the background, I always keep my strokes going in the same direction, on this image all of my strokes were vertical. 
 Here are the remaining colors I used to complete the image. There is the tiniest bit of green in the cat's eye... in case you were looking for where the green marker is used! The leaves were a combination of YR27, YR24 and YR23.
 I wanted to layer a frame over the image. So I used the exact same die and cut it out of black card stock. The inside of the rectangle does not cut out using the die. I just used an Xacto Knife to cut around the inner edges and popped the inside out. It is very easy to cut against the metal edge of the die, giving you nice clean cut lines. 
 I used the black frame as an over lay on top of the image. I offset it just a tad so you could see a white shadow.
 Now the party part of the challenge. I computer generated a little faux party invite and made a little pocket to tuck it in to on the inside of the card. I used MFT's Fancy Flourish die as a little accent.
Here's a finished up close look. I added Crackle Accents over the cat eye and the Pumpkin. I'm totally addicted to the crackle! A few little small adhesive gems around the frame. I popped the image up with foam tape... and somehow I forgot to add a bow!!! 



12 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Wishing you a fab Thursday.
    PS: Hope you will play along with our BLOG HOP over at DigiStamps4Joy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable and fun invite!! You should have a party anyway. The verse is just aweswome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you put this card together and this fun stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic halloween card! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular! I LOVE this Your coloring is simply amazing
    ((HUGS))
    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome-that double matting really gives this card almost a 3D effect...my eyes went a little wonky until they figured it out LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love this stamp! Also, love what you did inside of the card. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design, great coloring, great everything.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure does NOT need a bow to make it just perfect! The image is wonderful and you've done such a great job. Appreciated the tip about all background strokes going in same direction. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card - love the stamp and how you colored and framed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That fleur d lis die is perfect with that paper actually... neato how things can tie together... and speaking of neato... THAT STAMP!!!! I love that one!!! Birdhouses are a love of mine and with the cute lil cat(s) in it... awwwww.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute this stamp and the use of the die cut. It still looks great without the bow.
    Josie

    ReplyDelete