Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

 In the mood to color? Create your own DP and get lost in your Copics! I stamped this image, Acorns and Sweetgum multiple times on Neenah Classic Crest Natural White (ivory) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Below, I stepped out the coloring process for you to see. 
 On the Acorns I used E71 and E77. On the leaves YG97, YG93 and YR23. YR 23 I used over the greens to blends the yellow and greens all together. 
 In this picture I used the greys on the tops of the acorns. E23 and E27 were used on the Sweet Gum balls and the branches. I used the 0 Blender to remove a little color in the sweet gum balls. 
 Filling in the remaining leaves... E09, YR18, Y28 and YR23.
I stamped the sentiment, Happy Thanksgiving, and cut it out with Spellbinder's Labes 25. I left the image in the die and airbrushed lightly around the edges. I also airbrushed around the edges of the colored panel. Finished card is 4 1/4" x 5".

6 comments:

  1. How lovely! Your Copic-colored background is so BEAUTIFULLY rich looking! Thank you for sharing your techniques and Copic colors with us! I love to make my own backgrounds and you've inspired me to get out my Copics and see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I love that you always include your coloring! I'm learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! I thought you were using designer paper (and I loved it), then I scrolled down and realized you colored it. WOW and WOW, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your coloring is superb! I love how you made your own background....this is just lovely from every standpoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Jenny, fabulous idea and wonderful coloring. It is a shame to cover it up with the saying, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, pretty and elegant. At first i thought the background was paper you bought. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete