Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Friendly Ghostie!

Today the Design Team for Serendipity Stamps is showing of all types of projects from the Scor-pal's Project Listing. Not familiar with the list of projects with pictures and instructions? Then you must check it out and you can use this LINK.

ALSO a PRIZE is up for grabs... you can win a Scor-It Board if you hop around and leave a comment for the Design Team today. A random comment from one of our posts will be chosen. 

Serendipity SALE! 
This week’s sale at Serendipity is Free Shipping on US orders over $10. 
Sale goes from Oct 3rd through Oct 10th.

Check out what projects the DT came up with today:
Amy -  Miriam - Jeanne - Sue - Helen - Cathy - Pauline
 So I decided to make a Joy Fold Card for today. Would you believe I have never made one before? I'm sure instructions are on the Scor-Pal site, but I used Beate's Joy Fold Tutorial, which was very easy to follow. I did change up the sizes a little bit from Beate's instructions, but the basics are all there. I am going to have declare Echo Park's Chillingsworth Manor 6x6 pad as my most favorite Halloween paper! I'm getting down to only bits and pieces of scraps!
 I stamped the ghost image and cut it out with Spellbinder's Labels Twenty. I used Eclipse Tape to mask the ghost and lamp, while I airbrushed some green around the edges. I hand cut the black outer layer. 
 Here are the Copics I used to finish it up. On the ghost I added a little color using BG70 and T1... but it doesn't really show in the pic. 
 I stamped the CUTE little spider on the small center flap and just added some quick color with the Copics shown.
 You can see how the spider center panel adheres to the card in the above picture.
 I tried to take a picture of how it folds up. It's an EASY and fun folded card. The top flap tucks under the top edge of the circle/button. I punched three black 1" circles and glued them together, adding the button on top... I made it stronger with the three circle layers so that it would not get bent back easily with the opening and tucking under. 
A fun little loopy bow with Bakers twine on top of the button and some Crackle Accents (it has not dried and cracked yet) on top of the pumpkin and lamp post. 

13 comments:

  1. What a cute card,such smiles and wow the shades and non-color of white-how do you do that-U'll just have to give us hint's:) ThankU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love the opening. And that shiny pumpkin is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I like this! I've never tried this kind of card either and you have really inspired me to give it a try. I love the airbrushing...you really know how to do that so well, it looks perfect. I love the crackle finish on the pumpkin and lamp. Cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me smile! Love your ghostie and the amazing green background!! Nice touch to make the lantern and the pumpkin shine! So many layers here and I love the way the card opens - so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. So detailed. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made one one these before - you make it look so easy. Thanks for the inspriation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card from top to bottom...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card and the image is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love this fabulous card! The way it also opens in the front is a great idea,so is the ghost overlay. Beautiful coloring and wonderful card.Thanks for the inspiration Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this little fun ghost is so cute hanging around with his spider friend-wonderful cute card!

    ReplyDelete