Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Sunflower

Make sure to check out the new postings on the Prickley Pear Blog!
 I am in love with the new Spellbinder's set Marvelous Squares. I can see it staying on my desk for quite a while.  I love the detailing around the edges. This little sunflower image from Prickley Pear fit perfectly in to one of the nesties. Here's a peek at how the card came together.
 I stamped the sunflower image twice... cutting one image out and cutting the other out as shown above. I added a shaded background with the Copics shown in the pic. 
 Here are both the images and the Copics I used. I wanted a deeper tone on the green leaves, but it needed a little brightening up so I threw in a layer of YG23.
 I adhered four striped strips of paper to a white square, I mitered the corners as I glued them down. I used the largest die in the Marvelous Squares set to then cut it out. I love doing this with striped paper, I think it looks so much more interesting over having the stripes just go one direction. 
 I used foam tape to pop up the rust die cut, you can see that I added ribbon through the little side loops. 
 I used the largest die in Marvelous Squares to also make a liner for the inside of the card. Loved this sentiment, Nature turns to Gold and stamped it using Versafine Sepia Brown.
Here is an up close of the finished card. I gently curled the second cut out image and popped it up using Dimensional Silicone. A bow and a few little adhesive gems to finish it up. 

5 comments:

  1. Your card is really pretty and I love the mitered corner tip....I'll have to give this a try. TFS Jan D., Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh...nice! Great coloring and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have used the striped paper and the dies - thanks for the inspiration.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. having lived in North Dakota, I fell in love with the sunflowers. yours look so real as if I could reach out and pick one for my table.

    ReplyDelete