Make sure to check out the new postings on the Prickley Pear Blog!
I am in love with the new Spellbinder's set Marvelous Squares. I can see it staying on my desk for quite a while. I love the detailing around the edges. This little sunflower image from Prickley Pear fit perfectly in to one of the nesties. Here's a peek at how the card came together.
I stamped the sunflower image twice... cutting one image out and cutting the other out as shown above. I added a shaded background with the Copics shown in the pic.
Here are both the images and the Copics I used. I wanted a deeper tone on the green leaves, but it needed a little brightening up so I threw in a layer of YG23.
I adhered four striped strips of paper to a white square, I mitered the corners as I glued them down. I used the largest die in the Marvelous Squares set to then cut it out. I love doing this with striped paper, I think it looks so much more interesting over having the stripes just go one direction.
I used foam tape to pop up the rust die cut, you can see that I added ribbon through the little side loops.
I used the largest die in Marvelous Squares to also make a liner for the inside of the card. Loved this sentiment, Nature turns to Gold and stamped it using Versafine Sepia Brown.
Here is an up close of the finished card. I gently curled the second cut out image and popped it up using Dimensional Silicone. A bow and a few little adhesive gems to finish it up.
- Stamps by Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps: Fall Sunflowers GG0151UM, Nature turns to Gold FF0136UM
- Dies: Spellbinder's Marvelous Squares
- Paper: Bo Bunny 12" Apple Cider Stripe, Rust Card Stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Sepia Brown
- Other: Bow Easy Tool, Dimensional Silicone, Misc. Ribbon, Copics, Adhesive Gems, Foam Tape