Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Winter Snowman

The Impression Obsession Design Team is sharing today... Our theme was nature. As Always you can play along with the DT and win a gift certificate. Find all the detail son the IO Blog with how to enter your card! Check out the nature inspired cards from the others... 

I may be stretching the theme of Nature... but I think it has snow and a bird... both part of nature... right? I'm going with it. Snowmen are so easy to color... due to the lack of color, lol! So they are always good for a quickie. Had a hard time finding a nestie to frame this image... so I used the out of the box technique and let the little birdie hang out. Of course the top corners are chomped... because I still can't refrain from doing that on almost everything!
Here are the Copic Markers I used. I used BG10 to color the entire background and then B0000 to highlight the inside of the snowman.

  • Stamps by Impression Obession: G7682 Snowman with Bird, B8764 Be delighted
  • Dies: Spellbinder's Petite Scalloped Circles, Spellbinder's Circle Nesties
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Red, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Blue, Misc. DP
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layer Rulers, Copics, Ribbon by May Arts, Corner Chomper

10 comments:

  1. Jenny, I love snow and snowman scenes. This is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE!! Love the snowman! Of course, snow and birds are nature!!! The curve on the top of the card just adds a right finishing touch! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the out of the box technique. Your card is wonderful. TFS

    Jan D.
    Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed, colored and layered...great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that little bird on the snowball is just delightful! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Your coloring is great! Love the layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHHH don't tell anyone, but my first stamp love is Snowmen so of course I LOVE your creation! And your chomper is awesome LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great card as always and I love the snowflake background with it all.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love him, he's adorable. I also love red, blue & white together. I like the 'out of box' technique. Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote YES on Nature here! lol this is SUPER Cute... Out of the box always makes me grin when I accomplish it... and that isn't EVERY time I try for sure!!!! **sigh** LOL

    ReplyDelete