Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

To find the beautiful...

It's Thursday, which means a post with the Impression Obsession Dsign Team.
Our challenge today was to create a card using a stamp with a favorite quote. The Impression Obsession Tam has been diligently working getting up to speed with all the Social Media sites out there  now. So you can now use these links to follow us! 
We also have a NEW member on our design team starting this week! I'm sure many of you are already familiar with her great style! She wows me with the way she uses mutliple dies to create wonderful one of a kind cards! A warm welcome to Kittie Caracciolo
As always you can play along with the team for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to Impression Obsession. You can find all the details on the IO BLOG.
Check out the Design Team's creations for today!
Well the theme for the DT was to use a quote, which I did, but the card evolved and my focus shifted to using this die - Border Duo 2. I chose a quote from the Clear Stamp Set LIFE. I think this quote could be used anytime for an any occasion card. 

 I inked up the stamp using Versafine Crimson Red ink, then I gently tapped the Versafine Onyx Black ink pad against the stamp in various spots giving me the two tones. I cut the sentiment out with a Spellbinder's Square Nestie and added the piercing around the edge before removing the paper from the die. I used Perfect Layer Rulers to add the layers. I cut the border die multiple times using a heavy weight vellum paper. I started adding the die layers around the edge of the stamped panel, adhering them behind the paper to hide the glue marks.

 Here are the two panels with the border die added to all four sides. I did measure to make sure the correct number of the scalloped design would fit when cutting my panels. That way the design would not be cut short at the edges, but end neatly at each corner. I used foam tape between the panels to add a little dimension.

 And again along the bottom edge inside of the card! I used the smallest square in the Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Squares to create my card base.

Yep... I couldn't stop with this border die, so I used it on the flap of the envelope too! I glued the die cut edge on the envelope flap edge. Then I covered the entire flap with the pattern paper, covering up the adhesive under the vellum. AND no bow...thats two cards in a row that I have resisted adding a bow. The card measures 5" Square and fits nicely in to a 5 1/4" square envelope.

8 comments:

  1. I always wanted to comment on your cards because they are so original and beautiful but sorry to say have never taken the time until now. This is an exceptional card and I just love it. Also, thanks so much for the tutorial on how it was made. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So intricate... and what a striking design !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I love how you used the border to create the framed layers. I love creating lovely borders with the MS PATP page sets but they sure take up lots more room than these lovely borders dies. I wouldn't have thought to to cut the borders like you did to create the freame. Thanks so much for mre inspation on how to get the most from these wonderful dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty pretty card! Omgosh, we both used the same border and a Quote from Emmerson...Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking card...love the contrast and such an innovative use of dies borders. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking card, Jenny! Love the contrast of the red/black and white. And your use of the borders is genius! Great card.

    ReplyDelete