Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tall Pumpkins from Serendipity

Today the Design Team from Serendipity Stamps are all showing off fun cards with our Halloween theme this week. Here is a link to the Halloween Section at Serendipity Stamps. Visit the other blogs to see what everyone came up with today:
Amy -  Miriam -  Jeanne -  Helen - Cathy - Pauline 
 Tall Pumpkins was my choice to ink up for today! More fun than frightening for our Halloween theme! A quick color job with Copics and lotsa layers on this one, made with the Perfect Layer Rulers. I stepped out the coloring below for you. I also used Spellbinder's Postage Stamp Nesties in the layers too. Love the little notches that leave a perfect open spot to drop in an embellishment.
 I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black and then cut it out with a Square Nestie. I used the G80's and Y28 to color the ground. I also used a rag and Copic Blending Solution to do the "fur technique" adding some depth and texture to the area. Since it is a larger area... this is certainly a quick way to do the ground. The fur technique covers up any stroke lines and blends the Y28 in at the same time.
 I colored the pumpkins quickly and easily... oranges blend so very fast. I added a few yellow streaks in to the pumpkins too with Y17. I used G85, Y28, Y11, Y17 for the leaves... blotting the colors together with the Y11 and Y17. I also used the 0 Blender on the leaves to remove color and give them kind of a faded look. 
 To finish the image, I used C7 to darken the faces and the witch hat. In solid black areas of an image, Memento Tuxedo Black is not always black enough for my liking. But using the 100 Black Copic is too harsh, so instead I'll use a dark grey.
 I stamped the Trick or Treat sentiment coloring it with the same colors I used on the image. I used a Viva Holo Glitter Pen to give it a little sparkle and I also used Crackle Accents on some of the other letters. I added MFT's Die - Double Dot Border along the bottom edge.
I added a tiny bit of sparkle to the star. On the pumpkins I added Crackle Accents. I used a very thin layer, spreading it out using my finger. It added a little texture and a subtle shine, it does not show very well in the picture. Several layers are popped up with foam tape. Finished card is 4 3/4" square and opens at the bottom, tent style.

10 comments:

  1. Jenny this is fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing those amazing colouring tips - I'm intrigued by the 'fur technique'!! Love these cute pumpkins and all the layers to this card - what a brilliant idea to pop a little embellishment inbetween the postage stamp notches. Love the ribbon and the beautiful inside too!! Just wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Love your postage stamp edge. And the way you wrapped the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Love the way you show the colors you use with each card. Sure helps. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny, this is so pretty...I am learning so much about copic coloring from you and love the little step by steps and how you always share the colors you use. There were so many touches to this card including the beautiful finishing on the inside. Really gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color and lovin all those layers. That ribbon pattern is so fun too! You amaze me with the beautiful finished inside too - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I love your colouring, and that wonderful ribbon! A gorgeous Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely adorable!!! I love the matting here and particularly like the white dots as accents around your postage die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for showing the Copics and listing the supplies you use. Helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again Jenny, I just wanted you to know that I loved so much how you added the detail around the edges of your postage stamp nestie that I also did it to one of my cards and then gave your card and you a shout out on my blog. I get so many good design ideas from your blog! You have a wonderful eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh for heavens sake! totally forget to link....here you go! http://sheila-colormehappy.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-love.html

    ReplyDelete