Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Raven Collage

More Halloween fun today from me am I play along with the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Team! Check out what the DT has cooked up today on the BLOG!
Also there is a Design Team call too and you can read about that HERE!
New stamps, new dies! New Halloween images from Prickley Pear on this card and I used my new Spellbinder's Die Decorative Labels One, which I know is going to be a favorite of mine. I use Labels One pretty often so this die was a must have... along with a few others! 
No fancy coloring today. I punched a circle out of Eclipse Tape to use as a mask for the moon. I then airbrushed with only one color YR27, leaving my image in the die while airbrushing to maintain that clean white border edge. 
I stamped in Memento, as it is my go to ink always when I'm using Copics. But sometimes with solid black images, Memento is not black enough for me. So I used W9 to darken the ravens... in this pic I have darkened the left raven but not the right.. a big difference in the two. I peeled my Moon mask away, revealing the pristine white card stock. I also added some piercing... I know I do it constantly... it seems to be my thing right now, can't resist!
Here is an upclose. I used Perfect Layer Rulers to add the mats to my banner. I created a bend in the banner with my fingers and used Dimensional Silicone to pop it up. For the eyes I used a toothpick to apply just a tiny drop of my Bronze Viva Pearl Pen. A few little pearl accents and of course a bow to finish it off! 

6 comments:

  1. Best halloween card of the season....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Jenny:
    Your work is so beautiful and I really appreciate how you tell us how you accomplished your work. I have learned so may tips from you. Thank you
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just breath taking...love love it! Ditto the above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!

    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always tickled to see what you come up with as I roll up to your post in Google Reader! Another great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jenny! Those black lacy matts/frames look perfect with teh scrolly crows on the stamp! As always beautiful coloring and the piercing is a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete