Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Going Batty....

I'm playing along with the Prickley Pear Design Team today! Some great new Halloween designs from PPRS this fall! I just LOVE making Halloween cards... they are just fun! When else can you put neon greens, oranges  and purples on a card together? Be sure and hop over the Prickley Pear Blog and see what the team cooked up this week!
A quick and easy Halloween card! This is a new clear set from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. The set has multiple bat stamps with different designs and a coordinating die cut to make it easy! I used a Corner Chomper (Cloud/Scallop) on the top two corners. I swear I'm gonna have to hide those chompers! I reach for them constantly and have to stop myself from chomping every card corner in some fashion or another! Here is the new set and die cut so you can see all the batty designs!
Prickley Pear has some unique and really fun Halloween images... a few cool black cats in the mix too! 
Check out the Halloween Section using this ----> LINK!
I used the bat die cut to cut out the black bat to layer. I hand cut the stamped bat that I colored with Copics. 
I folded my bat wings along the wing lines, I used dimensional silicone to pop up the wings and keep them bent. Quick circle punch for the moon, it is also curved with silicone underneath it as well. I used my Perfect Layer Rulers, the 1/16" edge to create the layered mats on the sentiment banner and the bat panel. Finished card size is an A2, the card opens at the bottom, tent style. Notice what's missing from this card ? Somehow I resisted the addition of a bow!

2 comments: