Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gimme the Candy!

 I'm sure most of the cat folks that read my little blog are familiar with the loveable Fluffles image from Stampendous, but this is Scruffles! Fluffles has an evil twin, and Scruffles is after your Halloween treats!! 
I stamped Scruffles with Memento Tuxedo black ink and cut it out with Spellbinder"s Small Classics Inverted Scallops (S4-195). I left the image in the die and airbrushed with N3. I also added my piercing, using the die's edge as a guide. 
Here are the colors I used on the cat... I also dabbed at the colored areas with the 0Blender to remove some color and give a little texture in the fur.
Pumpkin Copic Colors above. Usually I would add a darker orange in, like YR18, but the orange paper on the card is really bright so I was staying in the brights to have everything match.
Finished coloring in the scattered candy.
On the inside I added a Spellbinders' Banner with a sentiment from Impression Obsession's CL#158 Halloween Party. I airbrushed with orange before removing from the die.
Z was there to give final approval! We have had him three months now and I fall more in love with him everyday. He is so sweet, we should have named him Sugar!
  • Stamps: Scruffles by Stampendous, CL158 Halloween Part by Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Bo Bunny Orange Citrus Dot,
  • Dies all by Spellbinders : S4-302 Crown Circles, LF-114 Grand Circles, S4-195 Sm. Classic Inverted Scallops, LF-224 Lg. Scallop Circle Grands, Banners
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool. Adhesive Crystals, Foam Tape, Copics/ABS, Misc. Ribbon, Piercing Tool, Ultimate Glue


3 comments:

  1. Love this card! Neat cat in the picture too!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the Scrufuls stamps? Love him! qkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that card!!! - and your kitty.
    My elegant old lady is 21 and 1/2 years old now but she keeps our 2 younger cats (the hellions) in line, and she is now working on training a new puppy :)

    ReplyDelete