Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Coneflowers - Mini Card

 I thought I would play along in the challenge over at Flourishes. Last week the Timeless Tuesday #185  Challenge was to make a mini card. So I did. I finally got to ink up the With Gratitude Stamp Set and enjoyed coloring the beautiful cone flowers. I hardly ever use this much pink, so I'm patting myself on the back for stepping out of my normal colors, and doing some girly colors today!
 I used Spellbinder's Labels 8 to cut out the image. I added a soft pink background behind the flowers using RV00 and RV0000. The flower petals were colored with R85 and R81, I did use the 0 Blender to pick up just a bit of color at the the end of the petals. The flower centers were colored completely with R59, then I used the Y17 and YR04 to push some red out and add some highlights.
 I finished with the greens, mainly using G82 and G85 but I found the finished result a little duller than what I was going for.  So I touched up here and there using YG11 adding a lighter brighter tone to the leaves and stems. Since this was a mini card.. the image panel was smaller too... making this overall a pretty quick color job. 
I used Spellbinder's Decorative Labels 8 to frame the flowers and I popped the flower panel up from the card base. I pulled some really old paper out... had to hunt a bit for a pink DP that would work.. but I found this paper in an older 6x6 collection from Basic Grey - Eva, now retired. Now for the confession--- I totally did not read all the challenge rules... when will I learn? The card should have been no larger than 4x3, but mine is a hair or two over that at 4 3/4" x 3 5/8. I added a little sheer bow, with a ribbon band in the opposite corner to finish it up.

6 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Jenny. I love this set and Pink if my favorite color. :)

    Thanks for playing at FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is gorgeous!!! Your coloring always blows me away! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Jenny, love the shading of the pinks.
    Wish I could take a class from you sometime. I will have to plan my next visit to Atlanta around a class. Miss the last one in July. No ride to Roswell and I wouldn't dare drive in Atlanta traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete