Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Welcome....

The Impression Obsession Team has a color challenge of Grey and Yellow to play with today! You can always play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate. You can find all the deets on the IO Blog
Check out what the ladies cooked up this week for the color challenge:


 Yellow and Grey.... I like the color combo... but had to think about what to do! I pulled this Welcome Knocker stamp out and inked it up. It was obviously a pretty quick and simple color job with a few Copics!
  I used Spellbinder's Labels 18 to cut out the image. I left it in the die to airbrush a little Y13 around the    outside. I then used the nestie edge as a guide to add the piercing. 
 While I stamped the image in Memento Black, I used Memento London Fog ink to stamp the Ticking Background on the yellow pattern paper. I always have to remind myself that stamping on pattern paper is easy and makes it interesting
A few Warm Grey Copics to add some color. I hand cut the black and grey layers.
My last step was to add Crackle Accents over the knocker to give it a little shine and texture. Finished card is an A2.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great way to do piercing! This card is beautiful ! Love the yellow and gray, it's so trendy now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, YOu know you're good when you make it look easy! Wow! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my...I was just thinking about your dandy piercing abilities and here you go showing your technique...maybe I am starting to get back in touch!!! Lovely and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layering is great (wish I could hand cut as well as you do)as is the background, and the image really jumps forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning! I love the paper piercing, the fab stamping and colouring of this elegant image! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete