Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Floral Vase

This week's special at Serendipity Stamps is Free Shipping on all orders over $10.00.
 The shipping special ends on August 13, 2012.
----------------------
 We were given the theme of Happy Retirement for our theme.
Check out what the team came up with:
Amy -  Miriam -  Jeanne
Also, soon we will have some very talented new members joining the Serendipity Team, so get ready for some great ideas and lots of eye candy using Serendipity images!
 I used the Happy Retirement sentiment on the inside of the card, leaving the front wide open for whatever image I had a fancy for! This Tulip Vase image had never seen ink before today. So I pulled it out to rectify that ASAP! Love this floral vase that can be used for so many things. I kept the layout really simple, leaving the image to be the focal point. 
 Here are the Copics I used. RV0000 and RV00 used for a soft little glow around the image -- doesn't show up great in the pic. BG93, 96 and 99 were used on the leaves.  The vase is W7, 5 and 2.  Flowers R85 and R81. I softly used the Blender pen on the leaves and the flowers to remove a little color, giving me a little more depth in the colors.
 The sentiment cut out with Spellbinder's Mega Ovals and added on the inside. Before removing it from the die I added my piercing, using the inside edge of the die as a guide. My ribbon scraps added too!
Bling and bow to finish things up. I also added a tiny amount of Crackle Accents over the vase... I smushed it around with my finger flattening it out. Just to add a little shine and texture. A little foam tape between layers too! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Jenny what an exquisite card!! The way you coloured and then cut around some of the tulips really makes them the focal point. Absolutely beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, I love the gems around the image, and your colouring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the coloring, and the bling, and that pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny this is so beautiful. Love the colours and design.
    Hop on over to Doing Life - for a chance to win some lovely digi stamps to value of 20$.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - thi is so beautiful! Love your coloring and the fancy cutting to let the image hang over the edges of the die. Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on the great coloring job
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shading on your tulips is so beautiful, so realistic that I wish I could grow anything that pretty! Maybe after I retire? Probably not, but love the coloring and the pretty bow and bling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! I had a great time at the Copics class today. Going to busy myself practicing some coloring shortly. You did a great job on the class and gave so much wonderful information and fabulous tips! I know Cyndi enjoyed it as much as I did. :)
    I'll now follow your blog....I'm a blogger, too...if you want to take a peek at mine it's at www.expressionavenue.blogspot.com
    We will look forward to our next class AND visiting the store again soon.
    Thanks!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete