Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Don't be a Scaredy-Cat!

 Ohhhh. it was a good mail day! I got the new and FABULOUS dies from Impression Obsession.. the entire DT has been excited to get their hands on the new dies! They also came in at Impressive Ideas too! I didn't have a lot of time so I opted for a quick card... that means no Copics! The die is called Halloween Hill. I also included one of the new Border Dies... the tiny scallop edge that is one side of Border Duo Two. I also used DP from Echo Park's new 6x6 paper pad called Chillingsworth Manor.
Check out all the new dies from Impression Obsession ---> HERE!
As soon as I turned on the lights for my light tent.... my assistant came running! This is our new baby... Lorenzo von Matterhorn (named by the husband). He is 1 1/2" years old and we adopted him from the FurKids Shelter. He is a sweet sweet boy and has settled into home life so very well after living his first year at the shelter. We have had him a little over a month and we are completely in love with him already! I have nicknamed him Z and the husband is calling him Lozo! He is silky soft and a total love bug! Can not figure out how he was passed by at the shelter for so very long, but we are glad he waited for us!!
 I stamped the Happy Halloween on the inside, adding borders with my Perfect Layers Rulers
I added some circle punches for a moon. The little bat is a cut out from the die too, there are actually three bats on the die... but by the time I was ready to put them on, two had disappeared! I used Dimensional Silicone to pop up the moon. I added the little green cat eyes with a Viva Pearl Pen - Kiwi. I love the crinkly little tail on the cat!The die cut was also popped up with foam tape so it would stand a  little bit more from the background paper. A halloween green silky bow and a black button were the finishing touches. The card is an A2 and opens on the right side.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    A wonderful Halloween card and even cuter kitty! :)

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card, Jenny, I love that die and the saying is so perfect. And Z is just handsomely gorgeous! Give him a smooch for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww he is so cute, I want to meet him.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been by in awhile to comment but had to say that this is a fun Halloween card and your new furry edition is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card and your furry assistant! I totaly CAN"T wait to get my dies. You've done a Fantabulous Job with this one Jenny! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Jenny...super cool card...love the black and green color scheme! Z is going to be lots of fun! I think he may be a crafter....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny ! Beautiful Halloween card and your SWEET & lovable kitty is too cute and matches the card ! What a nice story that you adopted him after being at the shelter for so long. Wonderful. We've adopted a few cats over the years that needed homes. It's so wonderful to give an animal a forever home :) They give us so much love back for it ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Halloween card and adorable kitty - my 3 rescue kitties are getting used to a new puppy tonight
    from the shelter :) My 21 year old meow has already let the puppy know that she is boss and the 2 youngins are still in hiding (not like they have never seen a dog before but my old aussie was pretty mellow compared to a puppy :)

    ReplyDelete