Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Barber Shop and a Shout Out!

Before I get to my card for the day, I have to give a quick shout out to Susan Liles! 
I know Susan through blogging... Susan and her sweet and very patient hubby made a pit stop in Atlanta as they were traveling last week and we got to meet in person! Always fun to meet an blogging friend in person! We hooked up at Impressive Ideas. We discovered that I towered over her at 6 feet... so I scrunched down for our picture! If you are not familiar with Susan's work, you MUST go over to her blog, "SusieStampaLot" cause she does some amazing stuff with paper and stamps that will WOW you! She also is always posting great tips and how to's called Susie Q-Tips! How clever and cute is that name? 


Now on to my little card for today.... 
 Had fun coloring this Barbershop image from Impression Obsession. It's always hard for me to come up with man cards. This was a pretty quick color job as most of the scene to color is wood, which colors quickly.
 I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Natural White, which is a soft ivory color. Since to me it is an old timey scene of sorts, I didn't want to use a bright white. You can see the Copics I used to color the image in the above picture. 
I cut the card base to 4" x 51/2". I rounded all four corners with a Corner Chomper, using the 1/2" rounder.  I created the layers in the background at an angle, letting the image hang off the edge. I used a new border die from MFT... Retro Squares. I cut the die in red and blue and then used the inside pieces to glue back in to the border of the opposite color. A faux wooden button and a loopy jute bow to end it!

3 comments:

  1. Jenny this is so beautifully designed. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works together perfectly.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring job on this, Jenny! So cool about your meet-up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful 'man' card Jenny! Love the dies and espcially all that pretty coloring!

    ReplyDelete