Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

a ten minute card... for real!

 The ten minute card... here it is! A quick card made easy with dies from Memory Box. 
The card base is made with a folded white piece of paper cut with the Debutante Frame #98297.I cut an additional piece of the orange polka dots using the same the die to layer over the front of the card. The Spider Web Frame Die #98380 was made to layer perfectly on the frame die. The Dangling Spider Die #98286 was added to the white panel over the stamped be afraid!
 My spidey needed some shine. I used Ranger's Black Enamel to enhance him just a little. I pooled a bit of the enamel on a scrap paper and then used a toothpick to carefully apply it to the legs, finishing it by adding a good bit to the body as well. Had I thought ahead, I would have done this first, let it dry and then added it to my card! 
Here is the up close view. I added a black crystal to the center of the web. I used foam tape to pop up the panel... and of course spidey should dangle from a bow! The card opens tent style at the bottom. OK, really... playing around with papers and thinking about what I wanted to do, this was really more like a 30 minute card process. But I could totally replicate it in ten minutes, so that counts, right?
  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: A3516 Be Afraid
  • Dies by Memory Box: Debutante Frame #98297, Spider Web Frame Die #98380, Dangling Spider Die #98286 
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: White, Black, Orange Citrus Double Dot by Bo Bunny
  • Other: Ranger's Black Enamel, Foam Tape, Bow Easy Tool, Black Crystal, Perfect Layers Rulers

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Can't believe 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dies, Jenny and a very fun card. Love the enamel on the spider, too spooky! I just love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one makes me smile! Love the dimension you got with the enamel.

    ReplyDelete