Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Winter Cardinal

Day 4 of New Releases from Impression Obsession!
Welcome to the fourth day of our CHA Summer DT Blog Hop to preview our Fall/Winter stamps.  We are celebrating right along with those attending CHA in IL this week.  We will be awarding $25 Gift Certificates daily this week for those of you who play along with the hop each day, picking random comments from the blog posts.  The new stamps will soon be in the on-line store to make it even more fun. Check out the Impression Obsession Blog for all the deets! 
Check out what everyone is sharing using the links below....

Loved this new Cardinal on Tree stamp to make a quick and easy Holiday card! I used Spellbinder's Floral Ovals to frame the image..... tracing the inside of the oval die to get the layer for the image, the red layer was cut and torn along the dies pierced holes (resulting in a tiny rag edge) and the white layer uses the full die cut. I used the Cover-a-Card Large Quatrefoil stamp on the background... stamping red ink on red card stock.
Just a few Copics used to bring this to life .
I popped a few of the oval layers up with foam tape for dimension. I used Perfect Layers Rulers to do the matting on the card front. On the top corners, I added the detail with a Corner Chomper. Finished card size is an A2.

31 comments:

  1. Cardinals are my favorite bird. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color scheme, especially that deep red on the cardinal and this quatrefoil CAC too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning image - and gorgeous coloring. What a lovely holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Especially since I just bought that Spellbinder's die - now I understand what you meant by the raggy edges.... gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the colors and the Nestability is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous new release. Love how you stamped the CAC and your coloring is super fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Jenny, another beautifully colored, elegantly created, greeting card which just makes me feel peaceful and sigh in the loveliness you have brought into being. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous, elegant card. Love those layers and the stamp is going on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love looking at the cards you create.. they are just beautiul .. today's is no exception. quite lovely...all of it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coloring is marvelous and I was wondering how you got such perfect matts and then read that you used Perfect Layers Rulers...I just saw those on Splitcoaststampers...I might just have to get them. Makes the project look so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breath taking beautiful! Love the image and your coloring and the frame around it is so perfect. Gorgeous card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the cardinal stamp, and all your details! The background stamp and your lovely oval die really add to this beautiful card.
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  13. The red and white are striking. A refreshing frosty treat on a hot day like today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really brought the image to life! The cardinal and snow-covered tree branches look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cardinal is the North Carolina state bird. Beautiful stamp the the coloring is gorgeous!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Jenny, I love the Spellbinder Die cut. Great colours as always :) I just 'found' a free 1/2 hour, yay ! Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful card. LOVE this cardinal stamp---we have LOTS of cardinals and I love seeing them all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a Missouri girl, so I'm partial to cardinal's! Beautiful card - your coloring is just perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd give this beauty a 10...picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful card! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is stunning! The white border against the background makes your image pop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow , the coloring is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card and the coloring is superb! Love how you layered your ovals.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was wondering if anyone was going to use this stamp. I love your coloring of this scene. Do I detect a slight smile on that beak? Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your coloring & shading is picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my! What a beautiful cardinal. Great job..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome! absolutely Awesome card and the redbird stamp is outstanding! Nelda

    ReplyDelete