Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Wagon

Last day of previewing the new CHA images from Impression Obsession!!! 
Hope you have enjoyed seeing the designs from the DT a much as I have. We will be awarding $25 Gift Certificates again today for those of you who play along with the hop each day, picking random comments from the blog posts.  The new stamps are in the Impression Obsession Store now! Check out the Impression Obsession Blog for all the deets and to see who has posts up to check out today!
I thought I'd finish off the week with a summery card. It's hot and humid every day here in Atlanta. I'm sick of it! I made the dirt red in the scene.. that's what Georgia red clay looks like! This scene colored up very quickly because most of it is the large wagon. 
Yikes... this pic is totally out of focus. I'm sure it was the camera and not me, lol! Sorry about that! But you can still read the Copic Numbers, maybe you might have to squint a little! I used E30's on the wagon... they blend quickly and easily.

I added a lot of layers here using the 1/16" edge on the Perfect Layer Rulers. I also pulled out an older Spellbinder's Die to frame the image, when I looked to link this frame die it does not show up... so I'm guessing it's retired. They should bring it back and call it Lacey Rectangles to fit in with the current line! The card finishes up to be A2 sized. 

Have an awesome weekend everybody! 
Hope you enjoyed the week of NEW from Impression Obsession! 
HUGE THANKS to all of you that leave comments... they are sooooo very appreciated!
  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: NEW H1881 Wagon Wheel
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Yellow, Wood Grain Kraft
  • Other: Ribbon by SU, Foam Tape, Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layer Rulers, Copics, Spellbinder's Frame Die, 

28 comments:

  1. Fantastic coloring complete with shadows ! The many layers just make the image pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card, Jenny. The image is so full that not much more is needed. The layering is perfect. I had to look up that ruler...had not ever seen it before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! It looks like an oil painting. Gorgeous card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It's been a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have that red clay dirt down here as well!! Your coloring is perfect on this wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These images are always so nostalgic. Great coloring. Beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could hang this on the wall! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL scene, amazing coloring. I with I had just an ounce of your coloring talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring and love the way you framed it.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been just knocked out by the new releases...this image is no exception!! Beautiful image and lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous new image! Love this new release. Beautiful card, Jenny - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty - looks like a water color painting. I love all the layers. As usual, I appreciate you giving us the colors you have used. this week has been fun. Just hope I didn't miss anyone so I can be in the final drawing. Thanks for the fun this week!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful coloring, card, and stamp! Nelda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the marker numbers and hints on coloring. Your work is perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite pretty! Love the colors you chose, your coloring and beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, I love the fall and the colors that come with it.Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty scene and beautiful coloring. Great card. Thanks for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card...not only is the scene nostalgic, but the reference to red clay of Georgia reminded me of the red clay of Alabama where I grew up. Thanks for your card and for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card, and the coloring is beautiful.

    Margie F.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card...your coloring of this stamped image is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Beautiful scene. And your coloring is amazing. You did a wonderful job with the wood. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty card -- love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card--your coloring is amazing.!

    ReplyDelete
  25. THUD! (that is my head hitting the table when I first saw this) I am blown away by the coloring on this, and I'm loving that ribbon color. You've outdone yourself on this one. PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete