Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Spooktacular... sneak peak week from IO!

Welcome to the first day of our CHA Summer DT Blog Hop to preview our Fall/Winter stamps.   We are celebrating right along with those attending CHA in IL this week too.  We will be awarding $25 Gift Certificates daily this week for those of you who play along with the hop each day, picking random comments from the blog posts.  The new stamps will soon be in the on-line store to make it even more fun. Check out the Impression Obsession Blog for all the deets! 
Check out what everyone is sharing using the links below....
Of course I'm leading off with a new Gary Robertson image featuring his signature little black cat incorporated in to the design. No surprise there... right!!!! The design is actually a little larger than I show on my card... on top of the pumpkin stack it has a moon and a crow ... I covered and cut the image this time. 
Well.... here you can see what I cut and covered from the image. I used YR00 and YR0000 in the background. Lots of random fall colors for the leaves, bleeding the colors together.  I darkened the cat with C7.
I used a Cover-a Card Gingham stamp in the background... I think this is my most used CAC stamp! I created a hand cut banner for the "Spook-tacular" sentiment and bent it gently, curling it around my fingers. Under the banner I used Dimensional Silicone to "prop" it up and keep the bend in place. I used Perfect Layers Rulers to add all the layers to the card. FInished card size is an A2.


36 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Beautifully designed. Thank you for the love you spread on my blog. Hugs Desíre Digistamps4Joy DT Member Doing Life Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image...such fun! It almost, I repeat, almost, puts me in the mood for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything Gary Robertson does and this one is no different. Great coloring on this image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. card is great = as always.... look forward to your every post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, such pretty coloring and shading. The black really is striking against the orange - your card is beautiful, with just the right touch of green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love that gingham background and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gingham makes me happy! What a fun card - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - amazing card. Love the gingham bacground and that pumpkin stack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card! Luvvv that stamp, and your coloring brings it to life. I just went to Williamsburg, VA last weekend, and I love the colonial type font on the sentiment!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, beautifully colored ! I love the fun sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great image! Esp love the gingham background. Much easier than looking for gingham paper in the right color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done - love the black gingham background and your coloring is wonderful! love it!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous, I love how you colored the pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this jack-o stamp by Gary! One of my favorite artists! Nelda in TN

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card! Your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Halloween is my favorite time for crafting. tfs your great card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card and stamp! I love Gary's stamps and this one needs to find its way to my house. I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I own some of Gary's stamps because of your creative artwork! I see new stamps in my future! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Home Sweet Pumpkins! I love this fall/Halloween card. Your Copic coloring is wonderful and the gingham background makes it sweet.
    Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome card and colouring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, the cool breezes of fall. Great image and love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome image and love that gingham background you stamped!!! Fabulous card! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great fall card! Love that stamp with the cat peeking out and how you did the orange glow. Thanks for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your coloring is fabulous- love your great card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had left a msg. yesterday, but was having connection issues and it didn't seem to go through. Shirley was nice enough to let me know :)

    So, here goes again: Halloween is my favorite time for crafting. Thanks for sharing your great card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I thought I had left a comment yesterday, but I was having connection issues and it seems to have not gone through. Thanks to Shirley for letting me know :)

    So, let's try again: Halloween is my favorite time for crafting. Thanks for sharing your great card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The black and white gingham is adorable on this.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful coloring! You're very talented...love those pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this card! Halloween is a favorite, and that Pumpkin Stack is a great image! What a treat!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card! Love the gingham background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the B&W checks---perfectly frames the image.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful Fall card. Wonderful work as always.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aren't these pumpkins fun? Lovely Fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm coming back around to see what I missed on Day 1 and 2 of the blog hop. You have some mad coloring skills...on each of the days. This is such a fun fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this image and also the colorful matting - really makes the card 'pop'!

    ReplyDelete