Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Patchwork Pumpkin

The Serendipity Design Team is sharing creations today. Our theme was to Heat it up using Heat Embossing somewhere on our design. Check out what the other gals came up with today: Amy -  Miriam -  Jeanne
 I thought I would ink up this little patchwork pumpkin and color it up. This is a great image to paper piece too! But it is hard for me to not use Copics. I stamped the image in Memento's Espresso Truffle ink, my new absolute favorite ink color. Yes... the challenge was to use heat embossing and I did, but I did it on the inside of the card! I'm not a fan of using Copics with heat embossed images. 
 Above you can see the colors I started with to add a little glow around the outside. I used Y28 to color the ground. I used Spellbinder's Labels One to cut out the image and before removing the paper from the die I added the piercing, using the inside edge as a guide. 
Above are the Copics I used to complete the pumpkin. I stamped the image twice and cut out the leaves from the second stamping after I colored them. I curved them gently to have a little dimension and used Dimensional Silicone to apply them over the original leaves. 
 Above is the inside of the card... and the heat embossing! I used my Copics to color in the leaves. I stamped with Versafine Sepia Brown and used Clear EP to heat emboss. 
I hand cut a brown layer around the image, and popped it with foam tape. The ivory layer is also popped up with foam tape adding a little dimension. The finished card is 4 1/2" square.  

11 comments:

  1. Love Love Love that stamp! Do I have it? Or can I get it?
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute fall card. Love the design and the colors. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great pumpkin and doesn't metallic embossing powder always perk any thing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you are so good coloring with copics...seriously great. Your pumpkin could not be any better! I love the shading and the popped up and curled leaves, just a beautiful card. The piercing around the edges of the die really allows the image to shine. I am going to have to try that, ashamed to say I have never attempted it before. Great card, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring (as always!) Love the espresso ink with the natural scene. Your muli-color leaves are beautiful and that paper piercing is really a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the rich fall colors and your coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this and the inside is great! I see you use an old kit card DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous coloring! You are so funny using the heat embossing on the inside! Way to work the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so hot here that I am really looking forward to Fall! Love your card. Your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Jenny... Fall is my favorite... I love love love that patchwork pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I just found your blog thru a picture of this card posted on pinterest. LOVE the coloring on this, I have this stamp and can't wait to try and do leaves like you did. I love the name of your blog! I'm a fellow cat lover and have QUITE a few of my own. Loved looking at your work as i searched for this card. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete