Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Acorns & Chevrons

Fall will be here soon! I hope...  sick of the heat and humidity here in Atlanta for sure! I thought these little acorns (a new image from IO) would make for a fun and quick fall card. Sorry for the absence in Blogland... we have had family in town from Germany and things of been busy in general! I also have done a major overhaul in my craft rooms! So stay tuned for pictures... It took about four days of moving, sorting, organizing... trying to decide what I needed to pass on and what I could not part with! My room was in dire need of a clean up! I've moved all my stamps in to one room and all craft supplies are in another room. I was afraid the husband was gonna call that Hoarders show on me! 
I started by stamping the acorn and sentiment on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White. I left the circle in the Nestie and airbrushed a little E43 for the background. I added some piercing around the edge as well.
Quick to color, adding colors in layers and smoothing them out with the YR31. I used the Blender to lift a little color. 
Chevron patterns still seem to be a hot trend. I used My Favortite Thing's Chevron Die Cut to cut multiple chevron pieces. I used adhesive and arranged all the chevron pieces in a stacked pattern. After they were all glued then I cut a clean rectangle. I framed the chevron rectangle with a few small layers. Of course I managed to fit a little bow in there too! 

6 comments:

  1. Love the chevrons
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny ! Gorgeous & Rich card with the Chevron Dies ! Love the papers & colour you used, perfect for a 'manly' card :) I hear you on the re-oranizing your craft space. I'm limited to one room and so keep giving things away that I think I'll never use again. Wow an entire room of stamps ! Would love to see that collection :) Have a great day ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fall card. Neat Chevron idea and your coloring is always so perfect.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did the paper piercing and colored the acrons! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really wonderful card! I love your chevron pattern, it really compliments your stamping centerpiece. The Grateful script is so pretty and goes well with the acorn. Now that I see the tear drop circle die, I may have to get it - that was one I was going to pass on. :) To recap, great card, love everything about it! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete