Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wooohooo.... it's all new!

Today the Impression Obsession Design Team is excited to show off some brand new and very special stamps! New rubber is always great, right? But this is even more fun for us because all of these new stamps were designed by one of our own!  The very talented and long time IO DT member Dina Kowal has designed a brand new line of stamps for Impression Obsession! She has come up with some really original and fresh designs! Check out more information on the Impression Obsession Blog! Also, you can check out more of Dina's stamp designs and follow her on dkDesigns Facebook page! Woohoo DIna! So excited to use YOUR designs when I stamp!
We are all using some of Dina's Designs today... so hop around and see the latest and greatest! 
I saw someone use Spellbinder's Labels 21 as a card base and thought it was a great shape and made for a very different style card, it fits in an A2 envelope too. I made my own "designer paper" on the lower half of the card by stamping the new Cover-a-Card background called Ticking... loving this background! I used a Tim Holtz Embossing Folder "Rivets" on the top portion. Sponging a little Distress Ink, Frayed Burlap, to help the embossing stand out. The sentiment is called Bowlines, after stamping it I used Spellbinder's Labels 21 to cut it out. I airbrushed the sentiment while it was still in the die using Copic Y28, which left the nice clean white border after removing it from the die. It's difficult to see but I also added multiple vertical score lines on both sides of the sentiment. I used Scor Pal 1/4" tape to secure the band of jute string wrapped around the center. I added a few jute string knots to embellish. Middle panel is popped up with foam tape for dimension.
This is the inside of the card. I used the Sail Collage image, stamping in Memento's Nautical Blue and tearing around the sail boat. I inked the edges with Distress Ink Frayed Burlap. I found the anchor in some Webster's Pages papers... I punched it out and added layers with larger circle punches. Leaves enough room at the top for a quick message! 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Love the colours and design. Enjoy your Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Digistamps4Joy
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat sentiment and I love the ticking-tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jenny ! Awesome design and the new images are great too ! Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design - the way you used your spellbinders to create this unusual shape!!! And your designer paper is perfect!
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, Jenny! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the embossing and the shape of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use this die for the base card, never would have throught of it myself! Love the Ticking and Sail Collage stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, really nice shape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for the menfolk - love the DP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This neat shape really makes these stamps shine JG!

    ReplyDelete