Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

TIME to HOP with IO and Julie Fei-Fan Balzer!



The Crafter's Workshop/Impression Obsession/Balzer Designs BLOG HOP! 
Yep... that is a mouthful... but it simply means that these guys all came together to design NEW products, like stencils and stamps that all coordinate together featuring the creative designs of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer! 

What's new and different about this release?
Each stamp set works independently.
Each Stencil works independently. 
Each Stencil has a matching stamp set, which of course means that each stamp set has a matching stencil... and they can all work together!

Of course, what's a blog hop with out a prize? 
Julie will be awarding one lucky commenter one set of ALL SIX STENCIL AND STAMP SETS! 
The Hop Stops are as follows.... 

Jenny Gropp ----you are here!


I chose to work with the stamps and stencils independently for my project. 
Using the Beads Stencil

and also the Butterflies Stamp set

Here's how it came together....
 To start I taped the stencil down to the paper and airbrushed RV19 and RV14 to create the design on the white paper. I used a fine tip black pen and also outlined the inside of each circle giving it a neater polka dot feel.
 Loved this butterfly with the tell your story script in the wing. I felt the open side to the butterfly as well as the large circles were bold, and I guess that influenced my choosing the bold colors of my card. Normally... my cards are not this bright! I used Copics to add color using rough streaks rather than going for a smooth blend.
 I assembled the card putting the a center strip in the middle at an angle, combining the embossed paper and the polka dot stencil paper. Then I used the side of the stencil to create the half circle border edge.... I used the stencil as a guide and traced the design using a fine tip black pen. Coloring it in using a black Copic.
 When I added the butterfly, I kept the black side of the butterfly flat and popped it up with foam tape. The pink side of the butterfly I curled the wing and used dimensional silicone under the wing to keep the bend in place. 
The finishing touch was to use a clear Viva Decor Glass Gel Pen to add some shine. I created random streaks over the pink side of the butterfly and random swirls over the polka dot areas. 

--------------------------------

Keep on hopping



here is the full line of the coordinating products that link to the Blue Moon store where you can purchase them....




28 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant looking card, I love how you have shown these stencils and stamps can be used to get a 'clean' look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card was beautiful, love the clean look, copic is my favorite also ....gotta get a gel pen, and all the stencils and stamps......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love this card! Im thinking i might have to get the copic airbrush in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Can't imagine how you made all these angles work--the central card is tilted but the circles are straight! However you did it, the result is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the look of the Copic airbrush. This is on medium I have not tried but I love the results! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card ! I love the color scheme and the use of the airbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the bright and bold look of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful and your blog is great! Thanks for sharing your ideas and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So bright and pretty! I love the color combo. I am loving these stencils and stamps! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love Julie's stencils and stamps. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used that bead stencil. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous! Love the design and love how you cut out the butterfly. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jenny ! I always love your designs and this is certainly no exception, it's gorgeous with the black, white & pinks. Beautiful colours & design. The butterfly stencil is so beautiful. Have a great weekend, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a beautiful design you've made with the new stuff! Like your artwork Jenny, greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing the how-to (I'm a Copic airbrush fan too)! Thanks so much for being a part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is an amzing card with so much texture and design, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love the butterfly, but I really like all the texture going on in this card. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is beautiful! The small circles really set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! I love how you used the stencil to outline and edge your card. And your butterfly coloring looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your projects are wonderful. The stencils & stamps are awesome. Brain is loaded to the brim with ideas. Must make something.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful card. Love the fact that you used a different stamp set than the stencil. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love what you did with your project! It is sharp! Thanks for sharing and tell Julie I adore what she has done bringing the stamps and stencils together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a great blog hop. Everyone's talent is amazing! LOVE the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this project. It is gorgeous especially the way you varied the butterfly wing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete