Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Sprinkler... again!

I loved this little sprinkler image so much I had to ink it up again. The first time I used it I went for really bright summer colors. You can see the post HERE for the card bright color sprinkler card. 
This time I thought I would go for more of a monochromatic look with the blue green colors. I found the printed paper I wanted to use and then based my Copic color choices on the colors in the paper. Chevron designs are everywhere in paper, stamps and dies... so I jumped on the bandwagon and aded chevron die cuts as a side border. This Chevron Die is from MFT and cuts the two sizes as shown on my card. Simple circle nesties to frame the image. I also used a SU punch for the Summer sentiment and simply hand cut a green border layer. 
I colored the entire background right to the edge with G0000. The grass is G85 and G82 using shape spiky strokes upward, again taking the color right to the edge. Skin is E11 and E00. Hair is E55, E31 and E13 using downward streaks in layers. The shirt is YG63 and YG61. BG32 is the only marker used on the water. The pants are B97 and B93, I layered the water color right over the blues. After finishing all the coloring with Copics, I went back and added some white highlights to the water using Copic Opaque White paint, applying it with a tiny spiky bristled paintbrush. You can see the difference just a small amount of white in the water adds to the image in the pic below. 
I used foam tape to pop up one of the circles and the tag, adding a little dimension. This card measures 4 1/4" x 5", just a little shy of an A2, and it opens tent style at the bottom. I used the Corner Chomper to round all the corners.... addicted to those Corner Chompers. I used a little dab of Ultimate Glue to adhere the little jute string bow.

  • Stamps: all by Serendipity Stamps - 1265G Sprinkler, 582K Seasonal Words Set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. DP, Neenah Classic Solar White, Kraft, Green
  • Other: SU Key Tag Punch, MFT Chevron Die, Copics, Copic Opaque White, Spellbinder's Circle Nesties, Spellbinder's Petite Scalloped Circle Nesties, Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Foam Tape, Corner Chomper

3 comments:

  1. Oh my little Grands love to run through the sprinkler...(usually in their skivvies LOL) This so reminds me of them. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just one of the cutest images I have ever seen for summer. :) great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image and wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete