Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Song

Impression Obsession has even more NEW STAMPS to tempt you!
Today the Impression Obsession Team is showing off more new releases, this time the designs are from IO's Artist Gary Robertson. Gary's images are some of my favorites because so many of them include a small black cat tucked in somewhere. And you all know I'm a cat person! Also... so many of his images are great to color... and you know I love my Copics and coloring!
See what the new images the ladies are showing off today:
 I used Spellbinder's Labels 12 to cut out the main part of the Boat and Lighthouse image. For the additional layers on the boat panel, I used Perfect Layer Rulers 1/16 edge and then hand cut the corners. Again I used Memento's Espresso Truffle ink to stamp everything, I have a feeling that color will have a permanent home on my desk. The entire stamp image is shown below... 
I used the Cover-a-Card Graph Paper Stamp to create my own custom paper for the background. I stamped the graph design on three different colors and then pieced them together... paying attention to lining the graph lines up in between the colors. I stamped with Memento's Espresso Truffle ink and then sponged Distress Ink Frayed Burlap around the edges. 
I used the Sun and Fun Clear Set to add a summer sentiment to the front and also the inside of the card.
I saw this neat picture on Pinterest and added my button embellishments similarly, only using the jute string on one side. It had been pinned several times and I could not find the source to credit.

On to the card.... 
 I worked on the background first. BG10 and BG000 for the sky. BG0000 and C1 for the clouds. I used the Copic Blending Solution and a towel to blot some of the color off. This certainly helps hide any coloring streaks/lines.
 I finished coloring the image using the markers shown above. I used the 0 Blender and removed more color in the clouds. I think the E40's are some of my most used browns. 
 You can see I added my buttons with the little loop of the jute string. I also added a silver adhesive stud in the middle. I couldn't escape adding a bow in the top right corner too... I like bows, what can I say! The image panel and the graph paper panel are both popped up with foam tape. 
I used my left over graph scraps to add to the inside of the card. I also stamped the long summmmmer sentiment inside... it just happened to be just the right length to fit in there! The Corner Chomper goes right through all the layers for the scalloped corners on the card base. Finished card is 5 1/2" square.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, loving the colours and design. Have a great Thursday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Jenny! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card ! Love how you made your background paper, how you colored the image and the twine detail (I am making a mental note of your tip)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors! The button detail is very cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the graph stamp! Nice contrast with the lighthouse scene. The buttons are a great touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card and a great scene which you have coloured so beautifully..just love how you have used those buttons...


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card. I like the buttons on the side and your coloring is perfect as always. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny~This is absolutely beautiful!!! Amazing! I absolutely love your coloring, and the patterned paper you created is so striking. I am loving this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jenny this is beautiful ! I love how you created the background paper with the CAC stamp on 3 different colors. If I hadn't read your details, I would never have realized that it was not a DP page. The entire design is wonderful, down to the cool buttons and knots. Great tutorial as always. Shirley ps. Congrats on your 10th Anniversary !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun to "watch" you make this creation Jenny! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete