Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Serendipity Color Challenge

This week the Serendipity DT has a color challenge to inspire their projects. 
Also, we were to incorporate borders or corners.


SHOPPING SPECIAL OF THE WEEK...
Buy 3 items get a 4th one free!
This sale ends June 25, 2012.

Check out what the ladies came up with this week...
Amy -  Miriam -  Sue - Jeanne
 So these are outside my normal colors for sure.... and I have to confess as I got the colors of card stock together the only thing I could think of was Neapolitan Ice Cream or Easter M & M colors! So needless to say I am craving something sweet! 
 When I went through my stash of stamps, I realized that somehow I did not have any corner stamps that would work for this challenge from Serendipity. They have a whole section that you can find HERE. I had to get creative and I used the heart die to make some corner pieces.
 I stamped the sentiment in Memento's Rich Cocoa. I used the two Copics to airbrush the color over the sentiment. I left the paper in the die as I airbrushed giving me the white border. I added piercing around the edge to help frame it. 
I finished things off with a loopy bow using some multi color twine I found in my stash. the sentiment panel is popped up with foam tape. All of the layers were created using Perfect Layer Rulers

  • Stamps and Die Cut by Serendipity - Joy you Give #309D, Heart Die 
  • Ink: Memento Rixch Cocoa Brown
  • Paper: Regal Rose (SU), Misc. Brown, Misc. Mint, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Embossing Folder, Perfect Layer Rulers, Copic ABS, Twine, Bow Easy Tool, Adhesive Pearls, Foam Tape, 

5 comments:

  1. So beautifully creative. Have a great Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Great idea with the heart die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shading on your sentiment is beautiful, and I love the clever way you repurposed your heart die - into an elegant corner. Smart thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the heart. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful... love the way you used the heart die cuts...never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete