Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Red, White and Blue....

The IO Design Team is sharing creations today based on the color theme of Red, White and Blue. 
You can always play along in the challenges with IO, just hop over to the Impression Obsession Blog to read the how to and link up your card..... as always there is a $25 gift certificate up for grabs!
Check out what the ladies cooked up for this week... 
 Red, White and Blue.... patriotic of course would be the obvious choice. I went a different direction, creating this very simple card! I can easily see this fence die turned in to a ribbon border die as becoming one of my favorites!
 Simple coloring... no blending. Coloring the background with the blue and adding the red center on the flowers. I added a 1/16 border around the cut out flower squares. The stamp is shown below and it actually has four panels... Mixed 2 Square Item # F1275. I think this stamp has unlimited possibilities! 

 This is a new Fence Die from IO it also has a coordinating Fence Stamp available. Other DT Members have been using it not just as a fence... but as a ribbon border. I had to copy cat them! Too clever! You can attach two or more together easily for a longer border. 

I also used one of the new Cover-a-Card Stamps - Small Quatrefoil to create my own pattern paper behind the flower panel. 

11 comments:

  1. Love your "ribbon fence"! How clever. I may need to copy this idea too... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jenny and that fence with ribbon is supersss! greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice and very clever
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fence die looks so classy in black! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fence die too... and the quatrefoil CAC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red white and blue - your coloring - perfection, that fence die with the ribbon - brilliant! Well done lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love how you wove the ribbon and the color for the flowers and background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny - This is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Jenny ! The background created with the CAC goes so well with your design. Enjoy the weekend, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! Great color choices and perfect take on the challenge. And the ribbon through the fence....spectacular detail. I recently ordered an received the perfect layer rulers and they absolutely ROCK!!! In fact, I like them soooo much I gave a big shout out (twice) on my blog! They are fantastic! I have really problems when it comes to "eyeballin'" and these take all the guess work out of that step for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is wonderful. I love your card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete