Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Land of the Free...

Serendipity Stamps DT Day... The team had a challenge today to create something with a patriotic theme and also use glitter. Check out what the team came up with for this great challenge.... 
Amy -  Kathie - Miriam -  Sue - Jeanne
Some great stamps are sure to be shown off that would be ideal for making cards for the troops thru Operation Write Home
I'm back.... after a little blogging break... the husband and I took a little vacation and now I'm playing catch up! I've been in the stamp room inking up rubber and I've been sitting at the computer writing up posts all Tuesday evening... so stay tuned for more regular postings! I promise... even a double posting for today! Thanks to all who sent me the "Where are you" notes and "Is everything OK"... It's a nice feeling to know my posts were missed! Everything is good here!!! 
 This card started out to fit in a business sized envelope, but I shortened it a bit and the card ended up 4 1/8" x 8 1/4".  I also cheated on the challenge a bit... we were supposed to add glitter... but I liked it without the glitter. I added some pearls and gems under the sentiment.... kind of glittery??? I used papers from Authentique's 6x6 Collection "Glory". Loved this collection of papers... a Vintage Americana feel to the designs. For the sentiment I used one of the new Memento Colors "Nautical". It looks a little bright in the picture, but it is a beautiful darker blue in person. If you have not seen the new Memento Colors available here they are below. So far Espresso, Nautical Blue and Northern Pine are favorites for me... I have not stamped with the Grey Flannel yet but I'm sure that will be in my faves too.
 Isn't this a great flag image, my favorite flag stamp by far!!! Since my printed paper had a bit of a vintage feel to it, I stamped on Neenah Classic Natural White, which is a light ivory shade. I used E41 and E40 on the white areas of the flag... just adding a little bit of color to emphasize the folds and also match the vintage feel of the papers. I hand cut out the flag, leaving a bit of ivory border around the edges. 
I used a MFT Border Die and cut it in half to frame the top and bottom of the sentiment. I added some pearls and silver gems to embellish. I also aded a few lines of piercing on the ivory strips. I popped the flag up with foam tape for a little dimension. On the lower red strip I used a CB folder to emboss the star pattern. Of course a little bow finishes it up!

8 comments:

  1. So creative. Love the colours and design. Enjoy your Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Digistamps4Joy
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great looking card. I love the vertical stripes of all different types!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we both had some of the same inspiration! Our crafty mojo is in sync! Love your beautifully colored flag and all the fancy embellishments on your card - the pretty punches and gems - so patriotic. This would be a beautiful decoration all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! Love the paper layering and long card. Flag looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card!! It is a gorgeous representation of our freedom!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a dandy vacation Jenny! No vacation for me in sight...audits and harvest...nothing fun! I so love this card and your amazing coloring, esp love that touch of cream stripes on the flag. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Jenny! You're so right... That would be great for OWH cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG....Jenny your colouring is out of this world! I wish I was as talented as you are, I think I'll have to go away and practice!

    Keeley
    x x

    ReplyDelete