Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Heartfelt Hydrangea

 Of course you all know I'm a Flourishes Stamp fanatic... love the designs because they just scream COLOR ME! This new Hydrangea Set is no exception. I tried to pull colors out of the printed papers in the background to coordinate with my blooms. I created an easy and quick lay out using vertical paper strips from some very old Cosmo Cricket paper that I had in my stash. I added a simple row of piercing down the right hand side, not easily seen in the picture.
 I stamped with Memento's new Espresso Truffle ink... the sentiment and the image. It has a really nice tone to it and does not have that reddish undertone that so many brown inks have. I used G46 and G43 for the leaves. I used YG0000 to add a little glow around the image. The other colors were all used on the blooms. I did a lot of blotting colors in layers for the small petals. I used the 1/16" edge on Perfect Layers Rulers to add the mats to the image, using the Corner Chomper to round two of the corners. 
I think I should have toned down the green leaves or used other greens... they pop out a little too much and I think they are a little too bright. The card is an A2 and opens on the right... not tent style like I usually do! A few little light green gems to add a little sparkle. A seam binding bow wraps around the image panel to complete the card. 

  • Stamps by Flourishes - Hydrangea
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle
  • Paper: DP by Cosmo Cricket, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White (ivory)
  • Other: Perfect Layers Rulers, Copics, Corner CHomper, Ivory Seam Binding Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Adhesive Gems, Foam Tape, Paper Piercer

2 comments:

  1. I really love your coloring with Copics and always look forward to your post. I like how you show the picture with the lids of the colors you use. This is so helpful for me! I just wanted to let you know that. When I open my mail I always look for your post first. Thank you for sharing.

    Jacky

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your Flourish creations are outstanding...me thinks you should keep an eye out for a DT opening!

    ReplyDelete