Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Conque....

This is another beautiful image, Shell Collage that Dina designed for Impression Obsession. Super easy to color this shell it has so much detailed shading already that it hides any coloring flaws.
 On the darker pink layer I also used a Cover-a-Card Stamp CC063 Map.
  I stamped the image in Memento's Espresso ink... hooked on that color. I used Spellbinder's Labels 21 to frame the image...   
 This is all one panel, not layered. I stamped first and cut out the complete shape. Then I placed a smaller nestie inside to "frame" the shell, taping it in place and then only embossed it. I left both of the Nesties in place as masks and I sponged a little of the Espresso ink on to the exposed areas. On the outer exposed area I also airbrushed with R30. On the inside Nestie I used the grey fine tip marker to outline the inside of the die, adding little dots as well. I added a little color to the shell using the other four Copics shown above. The little dots were a result of a my pen bleeding and leaving a dot where I started to draw in the frame... so I just made more dots! 
I popped the shell layer up with foam tape. I wanted the shell to stan out a little more, so I used Ranger's Crackle Accents to accent the shell. I kind of followed the shell's lines and added the Crackle Accents in a line pattern. THe card is 4" x 5/12" opening tent style at the bottom. I added a bow along the top to finish it off as well as a few small little peach pearls with a Viva Decor Pearl Pen. 

5 comments:

  1. Stunning! Great idea on the die, embossing and shading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Loving the colours and design. Gorgeous vintage feel.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card ! So many touches I like : the CAC background, the 2 colors stencilling around the image, the crackle accent that makes the shell look real...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so pretty! I love how you used the embossing and ink shading to make it appear to be many layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so pretty...some of my little mistakes turn out the best results...love those little dots!

    ReplyDelete