Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Blackberries

The challenge over at Flourishes this week is hosted by my pal Silke and her challenge was to pick your favorite Flourishes set to use. To this I say... Silke, Are you NUTS? One favorite set?? I have way too many! So I picked a set that I love and had not inked up in awhile. I chose to use the Berry Sweet set.
I stepped out my coloring in pictures below...  
I break the Copic rules all over the place on this one! 
 B0000 in the background for a little light blue glow. 
Blender pen to soften the edges of the blue. 
V99 is the start of color on the berries.
 Continued with R56 on the berries.
 I wanted to add a small amount of a blue undertone in the berries.
 Another layer of R56.
 I used Y17 to lift darker color and add in a subtle green tint. 
 One more layer of the R56 to finish the berries.
 The first color on the leaves is G46. 
I added more blue around the image... I wanted it a bit darker. 
G43 to finish the leaves. 
E23 on the stem. Y32 and Y28 in the flowers, using the 0 Blender to bleed the color to the edges. 


12 comments:

  1. LOL...yes, you know I'm nuts!!! Glad you narrowed it down :). May I just say your coloring is AMAZING and I would have never thought to use this color palette. Totally gorgeous card my friend and I'm thrilled you had a chance to play...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved "watching" you color this image! Wonderful creation Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny that is so pretty. :) I still have family that lives in your neck of the woods. My dad's family is in Farmington and I spent lots of summers there. I have lots of good memories of catching fireflies and picking wild blackberries with my aunt and cousins. Summertime in Georgia... Ahhh! Your berry card brings back great thoughts. I can almost smell them from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is full of gorgeousness. Just love it. Wishing you a wonderful creative weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jenny, what a wonderful card and those berries are super! Sometimes it's better to play by your own rules, LOL because the result is great! And thanks for this tutorial, warm greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this card is so pretty. I am impressed with your skillful sue of Copic markers. The berries look as if they were just picked off the bush.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Love the way you shaded the berries. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jenny! Your colouring is incredible! Thanks for sharing all the steps with us. Thanks for playing along wit at Flourishes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Jenny, your coloring is AWESOME!! What a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny, your berries look amazing! So perfectly coloured, they look good enough to pick. Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm kinda glad you "broke the rules", Jenny! Because you did we now get to look at this gorgeously colored image. WOW! Perhaps the rules need to be changed.

    Hugs,
    Kecia

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for the step by step. this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete