Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

You're a Classic

 I thought this would make a good Father's Day card or any occasion card for a man. The image is called Worn Shoes and I cut it down from it's original larger size. A super simple lay out for a quick card. After cutting the image down, I used Perfect Layer Rulers to add the additional layers, using the 1/16" edge to layer the image and the sentiment.
 Here are the Copics I used to color the image. I used the 0 Blender pen to dab at the shoes, removing spots of color randomly to help give them a worn look. 
I raised the image and the sentiment with foam tape. I strung the jute string in between the legs of the brads before putting it through the paper. After I had everything in place, I used a hammer to tap on the brads giving them a dented look. On the top of the card corners I used the Cloud Scallop Corner Chomper to add the shaped detail. Finished card is an A2 size and opens tent style at the bottom. 

6 comments:

  1. Such fantastic coloring!! Great rustic card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masculine card Jenny ! Love your coloring. Have a great weekend, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you have coloured the image beautifully and incorporated it so creatively into your design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!!!! Another stamp to add to my wish list....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers!!! Love this masculine beauty! Love the all of the brown shades. Awesome, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete