Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

With Sympathy

Today brings a post for Impression Obsession
The challenge today is to create a card for Sympathy or Encouragement.
Of course you can play along with us and win a gift certificate to shop at IO! Find all the challenge details on the IO Blog
Check out what the ladies cooked up this week:
 Still in to coloring scenes this week....When I first saw this Morning Glories image, I thought this stamp had a nice opening to add a sentiment in to. So I added the sympathy sentiment in the middle, stamping it also in Memento ink. I always stamp the the sentiment first... just in case I stamp crooked then I haven't stamped on to an image that I already spent a lot of coloring time on. 
 Here are the markers I used to color the image. I used only markers to color the background, no airbrushing. On the grey column I used the Copic Fur Technique to add a little texture. I'm pretty sure the sky has never been this color in real life. It was kind of a busy image with all the leaves and flowers, plus a background scene. I did not want to overwhelm the area with a lot of different colors. My goal was to keep it to three main colors... grey, green and gold.... to explain my green sky.

 I wanted to quickly show you how easy it to make the frame I used for the card. 
  • Tape Nestie to card stock, taping on the inside as that is the throw away part.
  • I used my Perfect Layer Rulers to add a 3/16" inch border around the outside of the Nestie, using the edge of the die to put my rulers up against. 
  • After cutting it to a rectangle size, I used the Scallop Corner Chomper to add the corner detail.

 I wanted an additional white layer to the frame. 

  • Glue brown card stock to white paper. 
  • I cut the white layer down to a clean rectangle, using Perfect Layer Rulers, the 1/16" edge. 
  • Next, use the Chomper again in all four white corners.  

The last step is to run it through your Die Cutting Machine... and your have a custom clean edged frame ready to add to the image! 


13 comments:

  1. So creative, I love everything about it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! thanrs for the tutorial. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! What a pretty card - your coloring is lovely. Thanks, also, for the nice tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the green sky! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You did a great job! Love that bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Your coloring is fantastic!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty card, beautiful coloring, love how you framed the image. Thank you for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card Jenny ! Love it. You make such beautiful bows. Great tutorial as well. Have a great weekend, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love LOVE this card!! That stamp image is one of my favorites and is on my wish list:) I love the colors you chose for the image, their softness just exemplifies comfort. The frames are such a great asset to the design as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty - I have looked at getting that stamp....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool, love your colors & coloring and your frame & layer details! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, I know....I need to get a Perfect Layers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete