Today brings a post for Impression Obsession.
The challenge today is to create a card for Sympathy or Encouragement.
Of course you can play along with us and win a gift certificate to shop at IO! Find all the challenge details on the IO Blog.
Check out what the ladies cooked up this week:
Still in to coloring scenes this week....When I first saw this Morning Glories image, I thought this stamp had a nice opening to add a sentiment in to. So I added the sympathy sentiment in the middle, stamping it also in Memento ink. I always stamp the the sentiment first... just in case I stamp crooked then I haven't stamped on to an image that I already spent a lot of coloring time on.
Here are the markers I used to color the image. I used only markers to color the background, no airbrushing. On the grey column I used the Copic Fur Technique to add a little texture. I'm pretty sure the sky has never been this color in real life. It was kind of a busy image with all the leaves and flowers, plus a background scene. I did not want to overwhelm the area with a lot of different colors. My goal was to keep it to three main colors... grey, green and gold.... to explain my green sky.
- Tape Nestie to card stock, taping on the inside as that is the throw away part.
- I used my Perfect Layer Rulers to add a 3/16" inch border around the outside of the Nestie, using the edge of the die to put my rulers up against.
- After cutting it to a rectangle size, I used the Scallop Corner Chomper to add the corner detail.
I wanted an additional white layer to the frame.
- Glue brown card stock to white paper.
- I cut the white layer down to a clean rectangle, using Perfect Layer Rulers, the 1/16" edge.
- Next, use the Chomper again in all four white corners.
The last step is to run it through your Die Cutting Machine... and your have a custom clean edged frame ready to add to the image!
- Stamps by Impression Obsession - H1856 Morning Glories, CL114 Sympathy Clear Set
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Paper: All DP from MME's Fiddlestickes 6x6 Paper Pad, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Brown
- Other: Ribbon by May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Foam Tape, Spellbinder's Large Labels Nesties, Spellbinder's Grand Large Labels, Perfect Layer Rulers