Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Butterflies


Time for a post for Serendipity Stamps today! 
This week we have a sketch and a theme of using Butterflies to work with. 
What's the special this week? Serendipity Stamps has free shipping on orders over $10.00! The free shipping offer is valid thru May 7, 2012. Shop HERE!
Above you can see our sketch that we were provided... and for once I pretty much followed it! Check out what the other ladies came up with and see it they followed the rules....  Amy -  Kathie - Miriam - Jeanne - Sue
We also have Guest Designer Kris Breach with the team for spring, make sure and stop by her blog to see some great designs with Serendipity Stamps!
My card is A2 size, opening tent style at the bottom. I rounded the top corners using the Corner Chomper. I used just a portion of the image, Queen Anne's Lace, on this card cutting the butterfly and part of the flowers out with a Circle Nestie. I used Spellbinder's Labels 22 as a background layer, it was a little too long, so I cut a section of the middle out and pieced the two halves back together, giving me a shorter shape.
Here are the Copics I used for the inage. I colored the entire background with B0000 and then BG90. After coloring the background I used the fur technique to create the background with the Copic Blending Solution and a rag, giving it a slightly textured finish. I used the same colors for the butterfly and flowers, keeping things really simple. 
I used foam tape in between some of the layers. A few gems to embellish and of course... a bow along the bottom!

6 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful. Love the colouring.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! The yellow is so pretty and light feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Wow Jenny! This is just a dream! Love the soft colors on the Queen Anne's lace - you do the best coloring!!! The yellow is so pretty! SO many great embellishments too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny! WOW, how beautiful and elegant is this?!! Gorgeous coloring and your layout and bows etc.... it all goes so perfect. Thank you so much for letting me join in your blog hop today!! LOVE butterflies and you all did a fabby job with your cards :)
    Hugs,
    Kris (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I love everything about this card. It is so dainty and romantic. The ribbon is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete