Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sweet Summer Days

The Impression Obsession Design Team is showing off the new May Release stamps today! Be sure and check the Impression Obsession Blog to see all the new releases. The new IO Website has been up and running for a little while now... if you have not been by to check it out and maybe do a little shopping, you should totally check it out! The search feature is great and in each category you can click on NEW to see the latest and greatest from IO! 
We all have new stamps to show off today, so hop around and see the latest new designs! 
The stamps I used are in a mini set called Summer Delight.... and ice cream in summer (or anytime) is delightful!!! My card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/4", opening at the bottom, tent style. The front bottom edge is cut a little higher using Spellbinder's Classic Scalloped Edgabilities.
Lots of Copics on this one! I airbrushed the edge while the circle was still in the die using Copic YR31.  I also kept the circle in the die and added the piercing, using the inside of the die edge as a guide. 
I used Spellbinder's Labels 22 to cut out the sentiment, adding a small hand cut ivory layer. I used foam tape in between some of the circles to add a little dimension. 

12 comments:

  1. Doing the paper piercing while it was still in the die--brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! Love this stamp and your coloring is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny ! Sweet card, Sweet image & sweet coloring as always ! Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have matched the image's colors with the papers so perfectly. Brilliant card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute, Jenny! I can't believe how quickly summer is coming and I'm going to have to think quickly or I'm going to be one crazy mom, floundering around with all my kids home! :) Your card reminded me I need to start thinking, "bomb pops!" :) Love the patterns and colors on this and, as usual, your coloring is fabulous (I'm green with envy...)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Loved the image and your coloring is perfect.

    Margie F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this makes me smile so big! What a beautiful card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of piercing while it's still in the die! fantastic card! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling little bro and sis image! I can not believe all that piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Jenny! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card and cute images! This reminds of the days when I was a kid and the ice cream truck would come by! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card! Makes me want an ice cream treat :-)

    ReplyDelete