Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Summer

This fun image "Sprinkler",is part of new release from Serendipity Stamps. This image just made me smile! I can totally remember running through the sprinkler in the hot summer months! I used paper from the popular 6x6 Basic Grey pad Konnichiwa.
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Labels 22. I pierced around the edge of the inside of the die before removing the image. Around the edges I used Spiced Marmalade (Distress Ink) to add a little color to the edge. I used Y00 to add a soft yellow in the background first before coloring the image.
It's hard to see in the pic but I used a Viva Clear  Glass Gel Pen to over parts of the water to give it a shiny, wet look.  On the banner I used Scor Pal tape to wrap the jute string around, keeping the string in place as I wound it around the paper. Foam tape under the image and banner to pop it up a little bit. Finished card is A2 size. 
  • Stamps by Serendipity Stamps: 1265G Sprinkler, 582K Seasons Set
  • Ink: Distressed Ink Spiced Marmalade (sponged around the edges of Label), Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 6x6 paper pad Konnichiwa by Basic Grey, Aqua
  • Other: Spellbinder's Labels 22, Bow Easy Tool, Copics, Jute String, Viva Clear Glass Pen, Misc. Button, Foam Tape, Scor Pal Tape, Corner Chomper, Aqua Viva Pearl Pen

6 comments:

  1. just adorable! your coloring is just marvelous! I love looking at your blog ;-D....you have such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic coloring and fun summer colors! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely coloring! I think water is very difficult to convey in a picture--you did a fabulous job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok.. now I'm not even going to try coloring this one - you did it perfectly! How adorable - I love it! Your shading is perfection - wow - I'm speechless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gawsh.... I digress, this is absolutely PERFECT and way better coloring than mine :) So beautiful and those colors just POP!! Lovely job Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling! Reminds me of little Lukey and Cole running through the 'prinkler!

    ReplyDelete