Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Poppies from Prickley Pear

Monday brings another card for Prickley Pear. You can see what all the girls came up with by popping over to the Prickley Pear Blog
 I can't ever resist a stamp with poppies. My favorite color combo is red, black and white and that goes perfectly with poppies. An easy card with a few simple layers using Nesties. 
 I really really overcolored these flowers. I was not happy at all with how they turned out, too much ink on the paper, and no good blending or shading. But I spent too much time on them to put it in the trash. LOL! 
I used a black Viva Pearl PEn to add the centers in the flowers. I added a liquid pearl and then used a toothpick to add texture. 

5 comments:

  1. On my monitor the poppies look very pretty-like the red, black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card Jenny ! I love the red,white & black. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies for not popping in here for the last few days, I have been presenting two full scrapbooking days at my home studio this past weekend.
    Loving this beautiful creation of yours.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think they look exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser...this is amazing and so striking!

    ReplyDelete