Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Floral Thanks...

 Everywhere I look it seems the hot color combo this year is yellow and grey. This paper was in an older (and now retired) Cosmo Cricket 6x6 paper pad called Togetherness. I stamped the Corner Vase image and cut it down slightly in to a rectangle, you can see the lines of the image extend off the white paper. I think this a great anything/anytime image, quick to color, the flowers can be any color and it is open at the top for any sentiment addition. The Thank You stamp is from a set called Every Day Words Small Horizontal pictured below... any of them would work beautifully with this corner flower stamp.

 Pretty quick and easy to color this one. 
Frame Border: E84, E81, 0 Blender - Flower Centers: E49, E44
Flowers: Y28, Y21, Y26 - Vase: W7, W3
I used Perfect Layer Rulers for my straight line layers and mats on the card. I used foam tape to pop up the image panel. I also used a Memory Box Die "Plush Border" to cut out the design in the polka dot paper, placing a black layer behind the cut out. Memory Box is making some money off me... I can not resist their beautiful dies and am always amazed at how cleanly even their more intricate dies cut. I'm addicted to my new Corner Chomper with the scallop corners too... hard not do it on every card! Card size is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom edge.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Love everything about it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Dahling
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jenny, Love the colours, DP & layers ! Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grey, black and yellow of this. Love that you colored the flowers a dark yellow and the way you did the layout and combined the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the image, your colors, layers & style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where the heck have I been Jenny! I have almost missed all these amazing projects! Glad I have a few to catch up on!!! These muted colors make a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete