Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Barn Scene

Today is a post for the Serendipity Stamps Design Team. Our challenge today was to use something old in your stash, or something that has never been used... I did both on my card. 
See what everyone else pulled from their stash to surprise you with today:
Amy -  Kathie - Miriam -  Sue - Jeanne

40% Off Coupon!
You can shop online with a special discount code! Shop at Serendipity Stamps and just enter the code "40FROMHIGH" during checkout and you'll get 40% off the single highest priced item in your cart.   Coupon expires Monday May 21, 2012. One coupon per customer. 

 I have really been having fun coloring larger scenes lately. It does take a good bit of time to color something larger, I thoroughly enjoy it! My something old for today is the pattern paper I used... it is OLD... probably about five or six years it has been in my stash, patiently waiting! It is from a company called Diane's Daughter which has been out of business for quite some time. Also this barn stamp had never seen ink. Always feels good to use older stuff from your stash! 
 Above are the Copics I used to color the scene. 
For the sky... B93, B91, B0000, After laying my blue colors down for the sky, I was not really pleased with my blending... it just wasn't as smooth as I wanted, so out came the rag and the Blending Solution and I used the Copic Fur Technique to add a little texture and help conceal my coloring flaws.
 For the dirt ground... I used the E37, E33 and E31. After blending the colors out I came back in with the two darker colors and used the tip of the brush end to make TINY little "dirt" dots. I alos came back in with the blender pen and very briefly dabbed just the tip to the paper removing small spots of color randomly.
For the Barn... I used W7 and W2 for the roof. I wanted it to look streaky and old... like the rain stains and makes the streaks. I did not blend the colors out well because I thought it looked better with more of a contrast between light and dark. I used E11, E15 and E19 for the barn itself... they were the perfect for the color of an old barn, kinda of country reddish brown. 
The label die cuts were sitting on my desk at a skewed angle, I liked how it looked so I placed them that way on the card. You can see I added piercing the brown background mat and hand cut a small ivory layer around it as well. I used a Memeory Box die cut along the bottom edge of the wood grain paper and put some Basic Grey Blue card stock behind it, to show through the openings. This die is called Piestra Tile and I love it, the little pieces jus fall right out after you cut it! I added the layers to my card using Perfect Layer Rulers

10 comments:

  1. Your barn scene is gorgeous - so glad you dug this one out! Your coloring is perfection and all the details are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful barn scene. Love the color combinations and the framing. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing framing, colors and that stamp with windmill is GREAT! Your card is just top shelf. Did a great job and I just love your blog. You are one talented lady!!!
    evette

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous and the coloring is amazing. Wow you just made this look so good. Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowey that is some great coloring! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jenny ! I love the browns & blues together and the barn image is colored so beautifully. Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative, I love everything about it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rustic elements on this card! Great coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Jenny. Your coloring is fantastic. I had to laugh because I have some of that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty farm scene, love your colors and layers!

    ReplyDelete