Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Raspberries

Today is another DT post for Serendipity Stamps. The challenge this week is Flourishes. 
Also be sure and stop by Serendipity Stamps to do a little sale shopping... This week all Words and Verses stamps are 20% off!
Check out what the team came up with today:
 Amy -  Kathie - Miriam - Jeanne - Sue
Sorry for the absence here in Blogland.... I have not been feeling so hot, but hopefully I'm getting to a better place and will get back to creating and posting a little more regularly!
 There are new spring and summer stamps that have just been introduced. The image I used on today's card is one of them... you can see them all HERE! These are called Blackberries, but I think my color choices lean more toward Raspberries today. Out challenge was Flourishes and I kinda ended up covering them up.... I stamped a flourish on the mauve colored card stock using grey ink, then I ended up adding embossing as well, so they kind of hard to see in the pic, but they are there.
 Here are the Copics I used for the image. In the background I used T1 to add some grey, I then used the 0 Blender pen to wash the color out... leaving kind of a marble looking background.  You can see I added piercing around the edge and framed the image with several Nesties. G43 and G46 contimue to be my go to colors for leaves.
I stamped the sentiment and hand cut a a banner adding a black mat to it. I gently bent the banner and added a little dimensional silicone under the bend to keep it bent and propped up. A little foam tape under the image circles to add dimension. I used Black Seam Binding to make a little bow. All of the straight line layers were created using Perfect Layers Rulers.

8 comments:

  1. Just beautifully elegant
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I'd love to take a copic class from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny ! I missed seeing posts from you, so it was nice to see this pop up on my blog list this morning. Beautiful card, I love the layers & colours and the flower image is gorgeous ! Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love the coloring and the colors you used! Square cards are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I've never seen a card of yours that I didn't love & this one is no exception. Love the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Great blending on the raspberries and leaves. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, your coloring is GORGEOUS! Love the raspberries. Hope you are doing better! Always happy to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very prettily colored berries. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete