Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Peach Blossoms

 I had no idea what a peach blossom looked like.... so off to google I went. I found a photo to use as reference to get the colors right. I had no idea the blooms came out directly from thick branches, but they do. I found these pink and blue papers in a 6x6 pad from Lily Bee Designs called "Handmade". I am becoming a big fan of Lily Bee because the prints are so versatile. I used Spellbinder's Grand Labels One to create the card base and additional layer. 
 I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and then used a Circle Nestie to cut it out. These are the colors I used in the background. I did not airbrush. It took me about ten minutes to color the background smoothing out the blue to fade to the lighter color at the edge. I only used the 0 Blender to correct some Blue that got in the flowers. 
 The blossoms can range from pale pink to a very deep pink, so I kind of took the middle road with the colors on the flowers. You can see the Copics I used. I spent about twenty minutes coloring this.
I used foam tape in between some of the layers for a little dimension. I added a sentiment and finished up the card with a little a bow. 

  • Stamps: all stamps from Impression Obsession - F12006 Peach Blossom, B3581 Thank you for Thinking
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP from Lily Bee Designs "Handmade" 6x6 Collection, Neeneah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Ribbon by May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Copics, Spellbinder's Grand Labels One, Spellbinder's Circle Nesties, Spellbinder's Scalloped Circle Nesties, Foam Tape

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are very close to cherry blossoms too! Love this...I so love the layout and that dp is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and think you did a great job with the colors and shading. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love the Peach Blossom and coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny ! Your card is beautiful ! The image is gorgeous and so is your coloring ! Take care, Shirley

    ReplyDelete