Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

For the birds...

Today brings us to another challenge with the Serendipity Design Team. Our theme this week is birds... so check out what kind of projects the team came up with this week: 
Amy -  Kathie - Miriam - Jeanne 
Also I want to tell you that Serendipity has a special that you can take advantage of up until April 9th. Shop online at Serendipity Stamps and buy three items and get the fourth FREE!
 I paired up this cute little bird stamp with the new frame dies from Memory Box. It made for a quick and easy card that came together very easily.  I used a folded piece of paper to cut the card base, keeping the fold line slightly lower than the cut line of the die cut. The lacy frame is a separate die cut that lays over and fits right to the edge.  
 I used two Copics to airbrush around the edges of the card and the oval bird panel. 
 I used the Out of the Box Technique to cut out the bird oval. After airbrushing the panel, I used the above Copics to color the image. I did use Google images to pull up a picture of a finch, so that I could somewhat "get it right". 
 Here is the finished front of the card. I layered the ovals with foam tape.  I used a few small adhesive pearls around the edges and finished the card off with a bow on the top. I used a Viva Black Pearl Pen to add a little pearl eye. 
 I added a layered sentiment of Miss You on the inside, cutting the edges to match the die cut frame of the card. 

6 comments:

  1. Very elegant. I love the cutting you did... and that sunny yellow bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Goldfinch is gorgeous! Your coloring is perfection! The fancy border and layering is just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring amazes me every time I come to visit! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Just beautiful! Love all the elements. The fancy overlay is just perfect in brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jenn. It just shouts "Spring" to me.

    Do you suppose you could have it shout a little louder though because I am getting really tired of the cold and rain here. LOL!

    ReplyDelete