Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Floral Farmhouse

The Impression Obsession Team's Challenge for today is Floral. You can always play along with us too, with a chance to win $25 to shop in the IO Store. Fins all the details of how to play along and win on the IO Blog
Check out what the DT is showing off today.... DinaJeanneLauraJulieVicki and Daniela
 I picked an old favorite today! I love this image, it is called Sunflower Barn. I liked the delicate border with white card stock and thought it made for a really simple and pretty card, framing the image nicely.... instead of sunflowers I colored them as daisies.  I wanted the whole scene to be the focus and I thought really deep yellows would really put the focus on the flowers only. The greens I thought tied everything together nicely. 
 While I picked an old favorite for the image, I picked a new favorite from my Spellbinder's stash that had yet to come out of the package. This die is Romantic Rectangles and cut so beautifully and easily. I love the edge detail... so dainty. I thought I'd share a pic of how I make a folded card base with this one. I cut two sides and then glue a folded card in the middle, lining the two dies up when I glue them down. 
 G43 and G46 continue to be my go to greens. I just love the vibrant tone, I'll need refills soon the way I use them! I used the E30's on the dirt. On the Barn I used the E40's. The flowers are colored with the Y20's. I airbrushed just a little yellow around the edged while the paper was still in the die using Y23.
 I stamped this friends sentiment on the inside corner of the card. 
Here is an up close picture. Really all the work on this card was coloring, the Spellbinders Die framed it so nicely I just didn't want to fuss with it. It's always hard for me to resist adding a bow... so I added one in the corner. 

21 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous!!! the softness around the edge and image are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and great colouring. It's so pretty!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a TRUE ARTIST in EVERY sense of the word!!! Such awesome coloring/shading!!! Wish I could do that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Great image and gorgeous colouring too. I love that rectangle die and need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The die-cut sandwiching the base card is such a clever idea ! Your coloring is superb and the card is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This card is beautiful. Your coloring is wonderful. Love looking at your work! Thanks so much for sharing the colors you use as it is a big help to me. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Lovely image and fab coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very elegant colors, love the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors and shading are perfection! Love that delicate border also :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! So elegant yet simple. Beautiful coloring job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Jenny! Your coloring is beautiful, and I love the image. I forgot all about that image - I may actually have that one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny, Wow that image is so gorgeous with your amazing copic coloring, love this card ! Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jenny, Wow that image is so gorgeous with your amazing copic coloring, love this card ! Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing coloring job! Amazing! I love the edge detail as well. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely. Great design and beautiful image.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this image! Reminds me of my Dad's log cabin! I think I might need that nestie...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! Love your coloring. You did a fantastic job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This should be framed! Gorgeous! I have that die and now I know I am going to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The picture is great and love the frame. I have several of these barn/flower stamps. Love em. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card, beautiful coloring.
    It is nice that sunflowers and daisies can be the same stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete