Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tea Cup Roses

 Yesterday's card used kind of drab colors and you can see I went to the extreme opposite for today's post.  I loved this "stitched" paper I found in my stash and that was the inspiration that drove the bright color choices. I also am playing along with the Touch Twin Marker Challenge this week. ShinHan Touch Twin Markers have been popping up everywhere I turn lately. I used a few on my card for today. I can honestly say, I don't find any difference in how they color compared to a Copic Marker. 
 Here are the Markers I used. Copics and ShinHan Touch Twin markers.  You can see on the bottom layer of the image, I just did some rough one tone coloring on the image so that if you looked under the popped image you wouldn't see a naked edge. 
I popped the second flower image up using foam tape. I added Crackle Accents to the cup area, giving it a little shine and a little texture. Finished card size is an A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") and opens tent style at the bottom. 
  • Stamps: #2141 Teacups and Roses by Lockhart, Sentiment from Botanical Bookplates by Flourishes
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP by Bo Bunny, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Hot Pink Card Stock
  • Other: Copics, ShinHan TT Markers, Bow Easy Tool, Ribbon by May Arts, Piercing Tool, Spellbinder's Circles, Spellbinder's Rectangle Nesties, Perfect Layers Rulers

5 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty!!Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card colors yesterday were not "drab" , they were muted! LOL This one certainly is on the springy side-love the sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw stitching on a card of yours...so glad to read that it's the paper...I was afraid pigs had learned to fly! Really pretty card. Your coloring is "spot on"! Love the crackle accents. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, love how you popped up the image and used the crackle on the teacup.

    ReplyDelete