Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Poppies and Prima!

The Outlines Team is showing off Spring Themed creations today. Each week you can always play along with the DT and have a chance to win a $25 gift certificate. Find all the details on the Outlines Blog. Check out what the team created this week...  Lisa Silver - Kecia Waters - Sue Kment -  Jeanne Strieff - Julie Warner
 Outlines flowers are so versatile, you can use them for anything and almost any theme. I chose to color the flowers today, choosing my colors to match my papers. I am not sure this represents any kind of "real" poppy with the weird colors. But it's just a card! My card is A2 sized and I covered the entire card front with paper and then trimmed it right to the edge. 
 I know the colors are unusual for a flower! I stamped three images, stacking them up with foam tape in between each layer on the finished card.  I used the out of the box technique to frame the first flower in the oval and sponged some Tim Holtz Tattered Rose ink along the edge. 
I used Spellbinder's new Floral Ovals Nesties to frame the flower. I really like all the little pierced holes that the die creates around the edge. I used Viva Pearl Pens (Salmon and Cream) to embellish the flower center and a little pearl edge down the side of the card. 

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Love the delicate colours and the way you have coloured the flower. Wow A2 is a huge card ... you did not perhaps mean an A5 card?
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely and "antique-ish" Beautiful shading and colors! OH MY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Your colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it okay if I pin this on pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!!! The colors, oh my! Could this be any prettier than what it is...NO!

    This one is breathtaking!

    You went out with a bang! I am so bummed about the closing of Outlines. You have knocked my socks off time and time again with your creations from the weekly challenges, and all of those other wonderful cards you made during the week to feature on the Outlines blog. Thank you for sharing your talent with us all.

    ReplyDelete