Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Spring!

 How cute is this little ducky! This is a new spring release from Prickley Pear and I thought it would be a fun one to color up with Copics! I also used some of Tim Holtz's Kraft Core paper.... finally opening the package! After cutting and embossing the Spellbinder's Beaded Squares Die, you can see I sanded it to reveal the Kraft colored core of the paper. 
 Here are the Copic Markers I used for the image. I did something a little different on this one. I colored the duck, smoothly blending the colors as I normally would. I then went back over the Duck adding small little dots with Y23, my darkest yellow of the group. I thought the little dots helped give the duck a little bit of texture. Something different anyway! Maybe you think he looks like he has a bad case of spots!
I used Perfect Layer Rulers for all the layers on the card, using 1/16" and 1/8" edges. If you look at the water you should be able to see some texture... I added Crackle Accents... giving it a glass like finish with a little cracked texture. If you turn it in the light, the light hits all the little cracks -making it look like ripples. 

3 comments: