Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Friendship Dogwood Flower

 Still completely in love with the new Dogwood series of stamps from Impression Obsession. You an see all three new Dogwood Design using this LINK. I think they make such a pretty card and you can always color them pink too or go the simple route (like me!) and leave them mostly white. 
 I stamped my sentiment and then stamped the flower above it, cutting them out as one panel.
 I used the G20 Copic to color in select areas on the background. The middle of the stamp I left uncolored, as it would be covered up. All of the straight line layers were added using Perfect Layers Rulers.

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful and such a true sentiment. Love the greens.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you stamped the sentiment and flower and cut them out together. Great technique for me to case! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are always great. Love the sentiment and flower cut out together and how you colored the background too.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is a stunner for sure! I love how the flower stands out! Great idea to color the background and thanks for the tip! Your card looks so balanced and pretty! Thank you for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jenny! Coloring the background was a great idea, and that flower is just stunning. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS Jenny!!! I love everything about it!!!! Adding to my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have thought of using those colors on a dogwood! It's gorgeous:) Just in time too, as ours are blooming now. (in SC just across the border)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely Jenny. The dogwood is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Jenny,
    I just had to tell you, again, how much I love your cards. They are exquisite! Your friend, Globug, is right, you have definitely mastered the techniques of colouring with Copics. I have so much to learn...sigh...but, your work really inspires me.
    Hope you are having a happy weekend!
    Globug from Ottawa Canada
    :o)

    ReplyDelete