Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Friendly Butterfly

Thursday means a post for Impression Obsession. 
Our theme today is BLUE... the color. 
Play along with us and you can win a gift certificate to shop at IO. Find all the details on the Impression Obsession Blog
Check out what the ladies came with:
DinaJulieJeanne, and Laura 
OK... so I know the challenge is BLUE... and well this is more like aqua... but I'm thinking it's sort of in the BLUE family.... so don't worry I'm not going color blind, just bending the rules today a bit. Ooops. Butterflies always work in my opinion any time, in any colors and for any theme! This butterfly was in the new releases for 2012 and so is the Friends sentiment. 
Here are the Copics I used to color the image. You can see I stamped the butterfly twice and cut out a second wing to pop up.
Here is the finished card and you can see the second stamped wing slightly popped up at an angle. I used Dimensional Silicone under the wind to keep it propped up at an angle. I added pearls, ribbon, buttons, border die cut... a little bit of everything to embellish and finish this one. 

11 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous and I LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jenny this is a stunner ! Love everything about it, the gorgeous shade of 'blue' along with the layers, embellishment etc... awesome work ! Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty shade of blue. Lovely, I have always admired that border die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty-like all of your cards!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW- beautiful use of colors. FAB coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! Love the agua butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are my very favorite Copic colors! What a gorgeous card... someone will be happy dancing for sure when they go to their mailbox and find this beauty! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love the soft, pretty blues!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I really love your color choices. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this card, your choice of 'blue' the ribbon and the border die. It is quite elegant!

    ReplyDelete