Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dimensional Flowers

Today the Serendipity DT is showing off projects suitable for Mother's Day with Dimensional Flowers. Check out what all the ladies created... 
Amy -  Kathie - Miriam - Jeanne - Sue
 I thought I would share my process today with this card. Instead of stamping and cutting out multiple flowers to add dimension, I did something a little different. 
 Here is the image... aren't these Coneflowers beautiful! I used the out of the box technique and Spellbinder's Reverse Wonky Rectangles to frame the image. You can see the Copic marker I used to color the flowers.
 I used a craft knife to cut out the petals of the flowers, leaving the center of the flowers intact. You can see above how I cut them. I used a foam pad and silver ball stylus to press against each petal curling them slightly, adding dimension.
 Next, I used Dimensional Silicone on the back of each cut out petal. I added glue to the flat parts of the panel and then glued it down... the petals stay popped up with the aid of the silicone.
 You can see how the petals stay popped up in the above picture. 
 I colored some seam binding with Copic Y26 and made a bow with it, adding some piercing around the edges. the flower panel is popped up with foam tape. All of my straight line layers were made with Perfect Layers Rulers

  • Stamps: 201L Coneflowers by Serendipity Stamps
  • Ink: Memento uxedo Black
  • Paper: Kraft, Brown, Neenah lassic Crest Natural White, Mustard DP by Authentique
  • Other: Bow Easy Tool, Piercing Tool, Dimensional Silicone, Foam Tape, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Spellbinder's Reverse Wonky Rectangles

10 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I love how you created the dimension! Thanks so much for sharing this, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey Moley... this is gorgeous, just stunning! Love the depth and dimension but those flower centers are just the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love how you cut the petals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny ! Beautiful card ! And thank you for sharing how you created dimension with the petals ! Love it ! Have a great day ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors and shading are great and love the way you made the flowers stand out. Great card. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! Love the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card - your coloring is perfection! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh just staring at all the lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Jenny,
    Your friend, Gloria, sent me the link to your blog. And, what a wonderful gift she gave me! Your work is stunning. Gloria was right when she said that you are a master with Copics. I can learn so much from you. I will be back often to see your beautiful creations.
    Have a happy day,
    Gloria (from Ottawa, Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful technique for creating dimension. Love your coloring, especially the shading of the cones. This is a beautiful card and TFS.

    ReplyDelete